VFR flight planning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VFR flight planning

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    From the official FltPlan Go Features list: "Geo-Referenced Approach Plates & Airport Diagrams (U.S. & Canada)".

Are you saying that you're getting full, geo-referenced approach plates and airport diagrams for airports outside of the US and Canada (the UK for instance)?
    Ah. No, sorry, I read your post backwards, as: in the US and Canada, only diagrams and plates are available (no enroute charts etc.)

You are correct, looks like most of the aeronautical data is for US and Canada only; I hadn't tasted it elsewhere yet. I'm actually surprised they have free Canadian charts too; must have worked out a deal with Nav Canada.

Non -aeronautical charts do seem to work for the rest of the world and are georeferenced; road, topo, satellite imagery etc.

Android

I have had FltPln for a few years now on my Windows OS but just tried it on my OLD android tablet last night just to plan a short flight and it works great for me. I don't know how to link it to FSX though. any help here appreciated for an old android tablet if its possible. I had trouble trying to link Plan G on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have had FltPln for a few years now on my Windows OS but just tried it on my OLD android tablet last night just to plan a short flight and it works great for me. I don't know how to link it to FSX though. any help here appreciated for an old android tablet if its possible. I had trouble trying to link Plan G on it.

http://www.fltplan.com/fsx.htm

Your device is not available

My daughter says that my Android tablet is too old to run the FSX integration even though FltPln works just fine on it. I am happy that I can get all the charts; routing etc. so until I get a newer tablet I'll be satisfied. Thank you for the reply, I found the FSX link and the FltPln Go links last night late.

Members who have read this thread: 0