spanish pitol flies backwards

Thread: spanish pitol flies backwards

More sideways I think but there may have been a backward component in there too. Neat flying all the same, he really threw that bird around, I especially liked his rudder control just prior to the hover when collecting water.
    Larry

The heli pilot is probably some 26 yr old 'playboy' showing off his skills and laughing his head off while he rocks out to some 'musica'.
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Talk about changes in CG ! Mike

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    It does make one wonder about the stresses on various parts of the airframe while that's going on. His maintainers must be grinding their teeth watching this.

Members +
    Gotta watch out for those backward flying pitols!

It's 'PILOTOS' (pilots in Spanish).
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    It does make one wonder about the stresses on various parts of the airframe while that's going on. His maintainers must be grinding their teeth watching this.
    Exactly and the other question is "why?". I didn't see any immediate danger. We (UH-60) and the contracted UH-1 with snorkel would be very careful trying to not to spill the water load.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

ow many gallons do the helicopter tanks carry?..i imagine there are differences for the different platforms,but any basic size would be telling..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    ow many gallons do the helicopter tanks carry?..i imagine there are differences for the different platforms,but any basic size would be telling..lol
    Size is dependent on allowable load of the aircraft...
    The expanding line of Bambi Buckets now offers more than 20 different sizes, ranging from its smallest (a Robinson R44 bucket) to its massive 2,600 US gallon version.
    http://www.sei-ind.com/products/bambi-bucket-systems

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

That Pitol certainly had pretty good control over his bird.
    I doubt he was showing off or even knew he was being watched.

As for spilling a little water, I figure the objective is to get as much water on the fire as quickly as possible and he seems to have done that. It wasn't like he was going to run out of water from that river any time soon.

A few years back, I watched a fellow in a skid-steer clearing snow from a parking lot.
    He worked quickly and maneuvered his vehicle like it was a part of him.
    At times, he spun or cornered fast enough to lift a couple wheels off the ground but never looked like he was not in total control.
    He would move snow, add it to the pile and shape the pile in a way that seemed like he was just doing it with a giant trowel.

This pitol kind of reminds me of that fellow. He just maneuvers his vehicle without having to think about it.

- Ivan.

Blog Entries
    That vid put me in mind of this one. These guys are definitely yankin' and bankin'. Really incredible feel and control coordination.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 1