Restore stock P3D V3.4 helo

Thread: Restore stock P3D V3.4 helo

Restore stock P3D V3.4 helo

I accidentally deleted one of my stock helos in P3D V3.4 with another one with same name. How can I replace the stock one? Hope I don't have to reinstall the whole P3D just for that.

I believe you would have to reinstall the "content" part of P3D, meaning you should relaunch the content.msi file from the P3Dv4 archive.
    I don't know what will be the side effects though... probably you'll have to reinstall all of the alternative textures (for clouds, water etc...) and perhaps some other things. I don't really think it's worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I believe you would have to reinstall the "content" part of P3D, meaning you should relaunch the content.msi file from the P3Dv4 archive.
    I don't know what will be the side effects though... probably you'll have to reinstall all of the alternative textures (for clouds, water etc...) and perhaps some other things. I don't really think it's worth the effort.
    I overwrote a CH-53 with another one I found. Now, It looks like the CH-53 was not a default vehicle from what I see here.

This is for P3D V3.4 (Don't see the CH-53 here, was it included or am I seeing things? I think this is one of those inert vehicles that did not have a panel therefore, it would not function in P3D unless one was added. I know the
    Osprey was another aircraft like that.

https://www.prepar3d.com/vehicles/

Just open the client.exe file for 3.4

And the select repair

It will reintall any missing files it won't overwrite any cfg or setting you have in place now

Repair is the easiest way to go if you have a corrupt or missing file as long as you delete the corrupt file first

I cant stress enough It wont overwrite anything that is presently installed only missing files

The CH-53 is not a default plane indeed. It's just an AI plane, probably used by some mission or default scenery or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The CH-53 is not a default plane indeed. It's just an AI plane, probably used by some mission or default scenery or something like that
    Yeah, I heard that you can activate those AI's and make them flyable by adding a panel to them - I did that for the VS-22 and although not the best quality - It's just meant to be an AI,
    it is flyable. I remember awhile back on the P3D forum about how to make those AI's a selectable vehicle in P3d.

Everything is all sorted now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Just open the client.exe file for 3.4

And the select repair

It will reintall any missing files it won't overwrite any cfg or setting you have in place now

Repair is the easiest way to go if you have a corrupt or missing file as long as you delete the corrupt file first

I cant stress enough It wont overwrite anything that is presently installed only missing files

I have the Client.msi - I guess it is the same as the Client.exe you mentioned.
    Thanks Matt for the help.

Members who have read this thread: 0