Suddenly get CTD when loading save flights - why?

Thread: Suddenly get CTD when loading save flights - why?

Suddenly get CTD when loading save flights - why?

Been recently introducing my very manual, custom AI starting with a Vietnam environment with some positive, though not perfect results. The CTD's started after doing this so wonder if there may be some unagreeable AI (e.g. FS9 models) called for in my most recently saved flights that's doing this?

I can't press "LOAD" to get to the saved flights to try deleting them. Catch-22. Is there an alternative way to delete them in their explorer folders?

P3D4 is great but a bit mysterious.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Resolved

Well this is the darndest thing.

I googled and saw one or two people found this because of an erroneous aircraft.cfg entry in their AI aircraft. Tracked it down quickly to the JYAI B-24. This a native FSX AI model and John Young does about the best military AI around. Could not with all the entries eyeball the text anomaly, so I just cut out all the repaint/model entries, save for the two I have been using for the Solomons over in FSX (will migrate to Mark's Solomons scenery which works great in v4), and "presto" problem has gone.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    P3D has a glitch.

If your installation not on your default drive where the OS is installed, typically C Drive, P3D will CTD when you boot then direct it to a saved flight.

The work around is to open P3D in the default flight, then move the location to your preferred airport. Set up your parameters i.e. airplane, weather, fuel, load outs etc., then save this flight as your default. Re-boot P3D and let it load the new default flight you just saved.

From that point you should be able to load other saved scenarios without CTD.

It's weird...but nothing is perfect.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I was having the same problem, so I just removed the line in the P3D.cfg file that indicates what saved flight to load. After that it loads normally and I load the flight I want.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Been recently introducing my very manual, custom AI starting with a Vietnam environment with some positive, though not perfect results. The CTD's started after doing this so wonder if there may be some unagreeable AI (e.g. FS9 models) called for in my most recently saved flights that's doing this?

I can't press "LOAD" to get to the saved flights to try deleting them. Catch-22. Is there an alternative way to delete them in their explorer folders?

P3D4 is great but a bit mysterious.
    Yeah I suffer that as well, i was lucky enough to set a default flight early in the piece

these days if I try and save a flight i get ctds, if i try and load a flight I get the do you want to exit then it hangs and eventually ctd

its been like for a few months now, I have no idea, but im not to worried about it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I was having the same problem, so I just removed the line in the P3D.cfg file that indicates what saved flight to load. After that it loads normally and I load the flight I want.

I'm going to try that Ed.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 0