Trying to find a way to dump MS FSX with a new Flt Sim

Thread: Trying to find a way to dump MS FSX with a new Flt Sim

Trying to find a way to dump MS FSX with a new Flt Sim

Since MS updates FSX every month which always really screws up my FSX, W/64, installation, I'm looking for a new Flt Sim program. Any suggestions out there? Thanks.

I Fly Low And Slow.............

As far as I know, MS doesn't do anything at all with/for/to FSX any more. Steam does once in a while, but they're mostly minor changes to the FSX.cfg file. But that's with FSX:SE.
    I'm pretty sure what you're seeing are updates to WIN10. Now yes, sometimes THOSE will mess with FSX, no question. Lotsa threads about that happening. Mostly involves finding the FIRST update that messed up FSX, and deleting it. I don't know which it is right off, but it's listed in a number of threads about Win10.
    Doesn't really answer the original question I'm afraid. A Hint though: Never install ANYthing into C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(X86). It will cause you trouble later on. Especially with Win10.

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

dumping FSX.

Thanks Phantom,

Good & valid tips. I'm sure the problem is from W10 as W7 was as good as it gets, at least for me. All of my aircraft work OK in W10 except for my payware, (of course, LOL). All my payware are textured black or only show the aircraft framework.

I'm leaning toward replacing my NVIDIA GTX-745 video card with a more powerful, newer upgrade.

Thanks, buddy, Semper Fi!

I Fly Low And Slow, (Only because I'm 80 years old).

USAF, Ret.

Members who have read this thread: 0