How to ad airplanes to P3D v4?

Thread: How to ad airplanes to P3D v4?

Hybrid View

How to ad airplanes to P3D v4?

I got v4 last week and had never before a version of P3D.
    How can i move planes from FSX to P3D,which don`t have an installer for P3D?
    Thank you
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I got v4 last week and had never before a version of P3D.
    How can i move planes from FSX to P3D,which don`t have an installer for P3D?
    Thank you
    Mike
    In cases where I had no installer specifically for V4, I would make a folder on the desktop and install to that folder (if the installer would accept that as an option), then I would just move the files into their respective folders in V4.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks Ed.
    My CH FW190 installers only point to my FSX installation and i don`t know which files i need for v4.
    Does the Douglas C-47 will work the way you`ve described?
    Mike

Thumbs up

Mike some FSX AC won't work in V4 (due to some gauges being .gau or .dll compiled in 32 bits) as V4 is 64 bits. I any case you can still try renaming you fsx folder to fsxoriginal and creating another FSX folder next to it , copy FSX.exe from he original and retry the install. If the installer works , then you will have the files and folders you need to create a P3D compliant add-on or do as falcon409 suggested...(not recommended..,as if it does not work you may damage your SIM..)

Jorge

My quick and dirty method works for me and it is a good indicator of what is P3D4 compatible or not.
    Install into FSX, copy to P3D and copy applicable gauges from FSX folder, however, in some cases textures will be missing and you just have to pass on that aircraft.
    Much to my annoyance I found certain 'FSX' aircraft that work fine under P3D3 do not under P3D4.
    I experiment, the learning curve is not really steep, and all you do if you screw up your P3D4 installation is hit the repair option!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

wombat , " I found certain 'FSX' aircraft that work fine under P3D3 do not under P3D4." it is all to do with the gauges and sound , if the gaugeas are .xml type will most probably work in V3 but if they are .gau or .dll will not ( Fsx is 32 bits as is PeD V3 )...

If you like to experiment , read the Learning Centre Add-ons section and try Add-on packages ..it is the best and safest way..also install to a dummy folder so you have the subfolders and files isolated from the root P3D

Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by aeronauta View Post
    . . . . .or do as falcon409 suggested...(not recommended...as if it does not work you may damage your SIM..)
    Jorge
    Could you expand on that? How would my suggestion damage the Sim?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0