"In Pursuit" ACM v2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "In Pursuit" ACM v2

Icon16 "In Pursuit" ACM v2

"In Pursuit" WWII version

"In Pursuit" ACM v2

Recent advancments in my "Know How" have resulted in a much improved
    and upgraded result to an older concept of achieving Aerial Combat in FSX.

"In Pursuit" is an FSX close distance (not BVR that is) aerial combat training scenario
    - for Tacpack users - in the concepts of lead & lag pursuit, High-Low Yo-yos,
    energy managment, etc. and "Gunnery".

A. Engages user (player) in the chasing of an AI opponent capable of performing
    combat manouvers - using his own AI plane's contol surfaces (Ailerons, Elevator
    & Throttle changes) - as follows :

- Hard turn Right or Left
    - Barrel Roll Right or Left
    - Loop
    - Extend to regain energy
    - Variations & combinations of above

B. At the same time, AI is capable of casting flares upon user's IR missiles
    launches (Tacpack is needed), thus is able to avoid most of user's IR missiles.
    Guns is your most reliable solution actually (stands quite true up to AIM-9Ms)...

C. There is also an "AI ground avoidance" script to prevent AI from crashing on the
    terrain, during high speed dives.

Additional features include :

- "FOX 2" voice over upon user's IR missile launches
    - "G load breathing" voice over when user above 4.5 Gs. Apart of the immersion
    element, acts as a warning for "incoming" G-Lock (Tacpack functionality).

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Overall, "In Pursuit" covers 50% of the Aerial Combat concept (AI evasive
    manouvering), since AI is not dynamically directed towards user but randomly
    changes his flight controls input every 5 secs (most of the time that is). Nevertheless,
    serves well the training scenario purposes... and certainly delivers a feeling of Aerial
    Combat in FSX.
    Time is the real opponent here...

Just videos of the progress for the time being. We'll see where this may lead to...
    I'm about to test the rest 50% of an engagement : AI using manouvers towards user.
    Fingers crossed.

"Scenario" means a mission powered by SimVars for the AI interactions, right?

When you're done playing around with the AI stuff,why don't you come back to the VA and fly against your teammates. We now have a Top Gun School and you can fly with real instructor pilots
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    We now have a Top Gun School and you can fly with real instructor pilots
    Really? Where do I sign up?
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Yes, it's an FSX mission.
    I see. Just for the record: Can (or do) you set up an envelope, in which the opponent releases a missile (or fires guns) to get the "other 50%" of air combat?

Still wish I could do such missions myself, but without a fully working FSXME...

Hi Ed, and Keep up the good work !
    I don't see it mate... I need my flexibility currently.

@Bjoern : This has already been done. The 50% I'm talking about is an aggresive way for the
    AI to pursuit user,ie, not by just following waypoints towards him (when comes
    from far) but dynamically engaging with manouvering, as in the videos... That's a
    pain...

@Bjoern : This has already been done. The 50% I'm talking about is an aggresive way for the
    AI to pursuit user,ie, not by just following waypoints towards him (when comes
    from far) but dynamically engaging with manouvering, as in the videos... That's a
    pain...
    Isn't this basically just a matter of having the AI fly to a waypoint and then trying to join a formation with the player aircraft?

xpelekis, great improvement over the previous work on both the red AI and user's wingman, I'd like to sim a 4"g" negative dive with a Mig-28.

I didn't realize any mil based VA's existed with real world "patch wearers".
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I'd like to sim a 4"g" negative dive with a Mig-28.
    You gonna be in a F-14, there Maveric? Just kidding, but let's face it, it does sound kinda familiar.

I know, "It's Classified. You could tell me, but then you'd have to kill me", right?

By the bye: Tom Cruise got severely air-sick during the filming. He went through a LOT of bags, according to the real pilot flying the plane, one "Clown" by call sign.

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

And some photoreal Pacific action with Yo yo's enhanced fleet :

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    By the bye: Tom Cruise got severely air-sick during the filming. He went through a LOT of bags, according to the real pilot flying the plane, one "Clown" by call sign.
    Meanwhile, Anthony Edwards had one hell of a time and, at one point, had to deal with a popped circuit breaker while on a hop. His reaction was akin to "I was kind of worried: A Hollywood actor has to fix a $30 Million Navy jet."

Well, having worked on Phantoms, and Kfirs, I can honestly say that dealing with a popped breaker involves a grand total of two steps.
    Step 1: Push breaker back in.
    Step 2: If it pops again, make a note of which one it is (all are labeled relatively well) and report it to Maintenance when you recover. After that, it's an E-Tech's problem. And you just KNOW that plane is going to be swarmed by every kind of tech there is in the Navy upon recovery. Even if Goose couldn't handle it, I firmly believe someone would.

I'd be willing to bet even a Hollywood actor that hadn't rehearsed Step 1 a few dozen times could handle it. Place thumb, or forefinger, on breaker. Push. NOT all that difficult.
    Of course, maybe all my training in electronics and radar (or, if you spell it backwards, radar ) gives me an edge in resetting a breaker, but I may be wrong. I really think Goose could handle it

Have fun all! I sure am. And look forward to trying this someday...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Cool Want a copy of "In Pursuit"

May I please have a copy of "In Pursuit" when you're ready? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Well, having worked on Phantoms, and Kfirs, I can honestly say that dealing with a popped breaker involves a grand total of two steps.
    Step 1: Push breaker back in.
    Step 2: If it pops again, make a note of which one it is (all are labeled relatively well) and report it to Maintenance when you recover. After that, it's an E-Tech's problem. And you just KNOW that plane is going to be swarmed by every kind of tech there is in the Navy upon recovery. Even if Goose couldn't handle it, I firmly believe someone would.

I'd be willing to bet even a Hollywood actor that hadn't rehearsed Step 1 a few dozen times could handle it. Place thumb, or forefinger, on breaker. Push. NOT all that difficult.
    Of course, maybe all my training in electronics and radar (or, if you spell it backwards, radar ) gives me an edge in resetting a breaker, but I may be wrong. I really think Goose could handle it
    As far as I've heard, the breaker panels in the Turkey were hard to reach, much less see, even for the non-Hollywood types normally occupying the back seat. And they knew which ones to pop back in because it was part of their job description (above "control nose cone microwave" and below "admire view outside in dogfights").

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    As far as I've heard, the breaker panels in the Turkey were hard to reach, much less see, even for the non-Hollywood types normally occupying the back seat. And they knew which ones to pop back in because it was part of their job description (above "control nose cone microwave" and below "admire view outside in dogfights").
    Correct, and some had to be pulled prior to starting the jet. You're right PhantomTweak, it's a not a hard process, but to a person with zero exposure to military aviation, it apparently left an impression.

Can't wait for the release xpelekis, I got some high fail rate Sparrows to throw at some Mig-21s over SE Asia!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

DOWNLOAD LINK : "In Pursuit" Jets version

I got some high fail rate Sparrows to throw at some Mig-21s over SE Asia!
    For now, supports only IR missiles and specifically AIM-9M & X. I have neglected SEA theater that reminds me...
    But it'll be guns only, since Migs didn't cast flares or chaffs, right ?...

Correct, and some had to be pulled prior to starting the jet.
    Yep, but they were clearly marked with "collars" around the button on top. They were normally pulled during shut-down by the RIO, but I would think in the case of a Hollywooder (is that a word?) the breakers would be pulled after shut-down by a plane captain, or even an E-Tech, leaning head-down into the cockpit. May look a bit odd, to an outsider, to see a tweak head-down in the aft-cockpit, especially with a guy sitting there. But we did what we had to to get the job done. We just prayed to whatever gods there are that no-one got anywhere near the pretty black-and-yellow handles when we were like that. We would bring a pin for the lower handle, and slip it in to prevent, hopefully, any accidents. The PC would come behind us and ensure the breakers were set and the pins pulled. Woe be unto the tweak who left the lower handle pinned when they climbed back out, too!

Sometimes, you would even have to do that with a real RIO in the back seat. If a system failed during start-up checks, they would call a tweak. First thing, after ensuring the seat was pinned, was to dive head first into the area in front of the seat to check for popped/unreset breakers. Often, all it took was to reset them. If that wasn't it, we had to determine if it was a downing gripe, or not. They didn't like us when we said it was a down aircraft. Obviously, if it happened in-flight, the GIB had to reset them himself. They never perfected the inflatable tweak they could keep handy...

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

DOWNLOAD LINK : "In Pursuit" Jets version

For now, supports only IR missiles and specifically AIM-9M & X. I have neglected SEA theater that reminds me...
    But it'll be guns only, since Migs didn't cast flares or chaffs, right ?...
    Thanks for this. Really appreciate.

Is there any way to spawn a mission anywhere - like off of KUIL or Quillayute Airport in the Olympic Military Operating Area where the Oregon ANG splashes drones...

I've got my own little drone set-up I use - and use KUIL as the drone base. Problem is my drones take off and fly straight n level... and you got something so much better.

Happy to continue the conversation here or on my e-mail (growlernoise-AT-gmail-DOT-com). Thanks!

Is there any way to spawn a mission anywhere
    Yes. Actually this is next to the "pipeline".

Happy to continue the conversation here or on my e-mail (growlernoise-AT-gmail-DOT-com). Thanks!
    Or at the VRS forum, relative post even better.

Or at the VRS forum, relative post even better.
    Thanks, I took this to the VRS forum convo at https://forums.vrsimulations.com/for...120521#p120521

Keep me/us updated about that. I'm very curious about how this can be done.

Members who have read this thread: 0