"In Pursuit" ACM v2

Thread: "In Pursuit" ACM v2

Hybrid View

Icon16 "In Pursuit" ACM v2

"In Pursuit" WWII version

"In Pursuit" ACM v2

Recent advancments in my "Know How" have resulted in a much improved
    and upgraded result to an older concept of achieving Aerial Combat in FSX.

"In Pursuit" is an FSX close distance (not BVR that is) aerial combat training scenario
    - for Tacpack users - in the concepts of lead & lag pursuit, High-Low Yo-yos,
    energy managment, etc. and "Gunnery".

A. Engages user (player) in the chasing of an AI opponent capable of performing
    combat manouvers - using his own AI plane's contol surfaces (Ailerons, Elevator
    & Throttle changes) - as follows :

- Hard turn Right or Left
    - Barrel Roll Right or Left
    - Loop
    - Extend to regain energy
    - Variations & combinations of above

B. At the same time, AI is capable of casting flares upon user's IR missiles
    launches (Tacpack is needed), thus is able to avoid most of user's IR missiles.
    Guns is your most reliable solution actually (stands quite true up to AIM-9Ms)...

C. There is also an "AI ground avoidance" script to prevent AI from crashing on the
    terrain, during high speed dives.

Additional features include :

- "FOX 2" voice over upon user's IR missile launches
    - "G load breathing" voice over when user above 4.5 Gs. Apart of the immersion
    element, acts as a warning for "incoming" G-Lock (Tacpack functionality).

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Overall, "In Pursuit" covers 50% of the Aerial Combat concept (AI evasive
    manouvering), since AI is not dynamically directed towards user but randomly
    changes his flight controls input every 5 secs (most of the time that is). Nevertheless,
    serves well the training scenario purposes... and certainly delivers a feeling of Aerial
    Combat in FSX.
    Time is the real opponent here...

Just videos of the progress for the time being. We'll see where this may lead to...
    I'm about to test the rest 50% of an engagement : AI using manouvers towards user.
    Fingers crossed.

"Scenario" means a mission powered by SimVars for the AI interactions, right?

When you're done playing around with the AI stuff,why don't you come back to the VA and fly against your teammates. We now have a Top Gun School and you can fly with real instructor pilots
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Yes, it's an FSX mission.
    I see. Just for the record: Can (or do) you set up an envelope, in which the opponent releases a missile (or fires guns) to get the "other 50%" of air combat?

Still wish I could do such missions myself, but without a fully working FSXME...

Members who have read this thread: 0