Lockheed A-12 V1.1 is out now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed A-12 V1.1 is out now

Lockheed A-12 V1.1 is out now

Updated version available now from Simmarket/FS Pilotshop and PC Aviator. Justflight will follow once they have caught up.

Items fixed/added/tweaked as part of V1.1 are:

1. Right FWD Bypass door needle, now animated
    2. Fuel tank popup now allows switching of each fuel tank individually
    3. Adjustment of spoiler drag to increase landing roll
    4. Fixed installer to enable installation into more than one FS location
    5. Added M-21/D-21 mothership/drone combo
    6. Throttle housing re-modelled
    7. Adjustment of reflection mapping power from 50 to 1 for better adjustment of exterior metal textures
    8. Cabin pressurisation - schedule now reflects real life (26,000 feet)
    9. Cockpit Gauge glass map adjustments to include subtle reflection of the silver pressure suit
    10. Interior Canopy glass now has a very subtle reflection of the pilots helmet.

Nice! Thanks mr. David
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Beautiful Bird! Absolutely love your SR71 and once i get back into FSX or P3D, this will be part of my collection too. Out of curiosity, is the D21 launch-able? Not that I would expect it to do much but just curious. Apologies if this was asked before and answered.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Hi strykerpsg,

The drone is not launchable, but does however add 5,000 lbs to the weight of the aircraft.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Hi strykerpsg,

The drone is not launchable, but does however add 5,000 lbs to the weight of the aircraft.

David.
    Thanks David. Admittedly, it still looks soo cool, even if it's just a payload.

Matt

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    M-21 you say?

Now that's great news. Thanks.

Such a gorgeous looking jet.

I'm flying out to Italy in a couple of days but will definitely be picking this up on my return... might pack and re-read Ben Rich's book for the trip now.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Fantastic model! Went up to 80.000ft today and lost control.. The flight envelope are rather tight (It is quite mind-blowing to see the narrow IAS envelope this bird has!) and need precise flying, this proves welcome challenge for a stick and rudder simmer like me.

Anybody knows the background for the scheme with black leading edges, but rest in bare metal?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hi Jens,

The Lockheed A-12 first appeared in bare metal, however advances in paint work, and probably the need to try out radar absorbing coatings lead to the bare metal with black leading/trailing edges. Eventually, they just became all black.

Hope that helps.

Rick has depicted the M-21 that resides in the Seattle Museum of Flight http://www.museumofflight.org/aircra...m-21-blackbird

Yes! Correct, this is #06940 M-21. I should release this tomorrow. Here's the inspiration photo for the screenshot. Uses a D-21A drone I think? While the one in the package is the D-21B?

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Yes! Correct, this is #06940 M-21. I should release this tomorrow. Here's the inspiration photo for the screenshot. Uses a D-21A drone I think? While the one in the package is the D-21B?

Hi Rick,

The D-21 in the package is the A model - what happened was Lockheed tried a nose fairing and tail fairing on the D-21 that would be pyrotechnically jettisoned prior to launch - however after numerous tests, and lots of damage to D-21's from the nose fairing impacting it's wings and body they decided to do away with the fairings as is depicted in the packaged version.

D-21B was launched by the modified B-52H - 17 launches I believe.

David.

Thanks David, didn't realize that was the only difference. I will update the drone then to match the photos of the 2 tone metal/black scheme then. ETA tonight or tomorrow in light of new info.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Looking forward to your textures Rick!

The M-21 kind of looks like a creature coming from deep space... It is astonishing how modern the Blackbird family looks after so many years. I have seen the SR-71 up close at the Smithsonian and it sure is an impressive sight in real life.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I've redone the panel lines and rivets to correspond with David's corrections of my previous work, and included updated Speculars as well, to give this one the full treatment. I will update my 2 pack scheme with them as well and the Tail number to something verfiably correct with that paint scheme.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

WIP...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Complete

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

These metallic textures are just magnificient.
    Of course the beautiful 3D model helps a lot :P

One question though: I just noticed that the textures are reflecting the standard envmap (probably BananaBob's one...) although these pictures are taken from Prepar3D...
    Did you deactivate the dynamic reflections ?

Yes. I find that the DR are ok for some angles, but the lighting system is still in need of some work. The DR are not contrasted enough, and are very washed out. I've opted to use Bananabob's and still recommend it as a best results env map for any of my textures. Although the XP-54 which I recently did, looks great either way. But it does have a different look with DR on. Still good though. I'll post a screen with both.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Wow Rick! Just wow indeed on that paint and textures.

Matt

Rick,

Looking very good! Have the bare metal A-12 got the threatment as well? I'm very much looking forward to test your textures, are they available yet?
    Where can I find the bananabob file?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Thanks guys. JensOle, yes I have a 2 pack already available here with this treatment to the prototype bare metal as well as a fictional early style paint on the serial number aircraft. The main difference between that early black paint scheme and this one and the all black versions is that the prototype used the sawtooth leading structure which is visible on the bare metal along the chines and leading edges. Later production models only had that saw tooth structure along the leading edges of the wings and not the chines. Which is visible in the speculars of the painted areas. Thanks to Century Series for pointing that out to me.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks Rick, got it now!

Now we just need a dedicated bare metal KC-135A for those refuelings... the fan engine grey Tacpac KC-135R looks out of place.. Checking out an old MAIW model right now

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Thanks Rick, got it now!

Now we just need a dedicated bare metal KC-135A for those refuelings... the fan engine grey Tacpac KC-135R looks out of place.. Checking out an old MAIW model right now
    Been saying this for years

The HJG KC-135A looks pretty good.....don't know how it would work as AI though.
    https://simviation.com/hjg/aircraft1/boeing/kc-135.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Thanks Rick, got it now!

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Members who have read this thread: 1