Lockheed A-12 V1.1 is out now - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockheed A-12 V1.1 is out now

A KC-135, but the wrong model to fit the A-12 time frame. But still jolly fun to try.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot525.jpg   Scrshot527.jpg   Scrshot530.jpg   Scrshot531.jpg  

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot534.jpg   Scrshot538.jpg  

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Ok, I discovered that what I thought was complete had a glaring error. So I went back to correect the placement of the pain on the forward fusealge nose section, and discovered that the rear canopy isn't painting! I've contacted Century Series, and he's on it, locating the location of the rear canopy on teh texture sheet for me. So I've revisted my alpha channels in the mean time to get a more used and less reflective look. Looks good with either bananabob's ENV map or Dynamic Reflections ON. This is more along the lines of what DaveQ likes in metal, and honestly, the real deal is more like this than reflective. I know because I've seen it many many times in Real life as it's final resting place is currently the Seattle Museum of Flight. Hope you all like it. Once the final canopy location can be found, I just need to add the paint then edit the specular for that small area and we'll be uploading. Thanks for the interest!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Hi Rick,

Just uploading V1.11 to the shops now with the fixed rear canopy texture. I've also added two fresnels for exterior3 and 4.

Looking forward to the finished version. Will let you all know when the package is updated.

Regards,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Hi Rick,

Just uploading V1.11 to the shops now with the fixed rear canopy texture. I've also added two fresnels for exterior3 and 4.

Looking forward to the finished version. Will let you all know when the package is updated.

Regards,

David.
    The update is done and uploaded to the shops excluding fspilotshop who I'm waiting for confirmation. The V1.11 update includes a minor texture mapping correction and a fresnel map for exterior texture 3 and 4.

David.

Thanks David!!! Can't wait to update my textures with these new features!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Thanks David!!! Can't wait to update my textures with these new features!
    I'm certainly looking forward to it

New Speculars for the Prototype, and now using custom fresnels, which give a off a nice variation in metallic coloring dynamically while moving around the aircraft. The photos don't realy convey this well, but move around the airplane to see the effects. Personally like the effect. Thanks David! See below for alternate Envmap vs. Dynamic Reflections using P3D (in that order). Yes, I realize this is the FSX forum, but there's more foot traffic here!

Last edited by Mach3DS; October 8th, 2017 at 08:48. Reason: Forgot my text!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I'll add the effects to the early paint scheme and adapt it to the M-21 #09640. Will release it all as one package.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Very nice! Thanks Rick!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Rick,

Simply stunning and beautiful to boot.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thanks guys. should have these out this week. Tonight, hopefully!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

3 Pack Released!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Speechless

Thanks Rick!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks guys. I've updated the alpha channel as well to these paints. So be sure to install ALL the textures not just the FRESNELs. Thanks!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks Rick, it looks amazing.

I keep forgetting to update my resume fikes, but if you are planning on using this with FSX or with P3Dv3+ with DR turn OFF, then please use bananabob's alternate envmap for best results.

Thanks Sundog!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Hey Rick...you finding that conventional alphas are having over lighting issues with DR enabled? My stuff is washed out and extremely glaring with DR on.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Hey Rick...you finding that conventional alphas are having over lighting issues with DR enabled? My stuff is washed out and extremely glaring with DR on.
    First let me say: we REALLY need to step up our tactful and charismatic petitioning of LM to convert the GFX engine to PBR. It's a totally different work flow and texture setup but looks well...real! For those used to FS painting, it's a COMPLETE paradigm shift in painting technique as far as bumps and specular and alpha channel go. These are not used the same way in PBR. Anyway....until then my take on DR in P3D:

I get the same thing GOrdon, Dynamic reflections are washed out and unless you take the time to make custom speculars and fresnels it makes it very difficult to get a realistic metallic look with DR turned ON. In most cases I find that DR ON is a step backward in realism on my personal textures. I've posted side by side images above with DR ON and OFF I would say that with DR ON > the dynamic cube map needs to render the images 2-3x more contrasted than they currently are - IMHO. Because they reflect the terrain textures, and not actual LIGHT they can in certain circumstances create stange coloring and lighting on the aircraft. For example. Flying over water. Creates an aqua teal tone on the surface. WHile blue sky is shifted to a more violet color. You can see this in the images above. v4 does render with a little more light I've found which is good, but does reneder lighting difficult to even out over 3 sims> FSX v3 & v4.

I personally fly with DR turned OFF. I find that it doesn't really offer better realism in most cases. Though in certain situations does look nice, it's usually the exception to teh rule. Just my $.02.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

A tour of the cockpit by a former Blackbird pilot. It's a great video and shows you how to really use everything in the cockpit.

Flying the Blackbird/The Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    A tour of the cockpit by a former Blackbird pilot. It's a great video and shows you how to really use everything in the cockpit.

Flying the Blackbird/The Panel
    That was an enlightening set of videos, especially the one segment where he discusses his Air Force career and the pilot application process. He totally debunked the stories that the SR71 leaked so much fuel on the ground that it needed refueling immediately after take off. I found the child constantly speaking in the background of the hanger a total annoyance.
    -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 1