Razbam Metroliner Power fail, no power

Thread: Razbam Metroliner Power fail, no power

Hybrid View

Razbam Metroliner Power fail, no power

I've just recently migrated over to FSX from FS9 and started spending more and more time in FSX now that I've got a brand new computer. I'm finding it a great sim to fly in with all the things it has.

Just recently I purchased the Razbam Metroliner III. Awesome aircraft, great to fly, but I've got an issue with with the power and GPU.
    One day the power was working with the battery, inverters on, annunciator working, etc. all good, and went flying.
    Next day the power fail light is just flashing, battery and inverters are on but no annunciator working, no GPU light on either. Can't fly without power and no annunicator. Can start the engines but still no power or annunicator.
    Another day after that everything is working again somehow as if by magic. Went flying.
    Then next day it's not working again with the power fail light flashing again and the GPU not on and not working and the annunciator not on either. Nothing I could do would turn on the annunciator or the GPU light, that power fail light just keeps flashing and clicking on it does not work and the GPU light is blank and clicking on it does nothing. (it should be working)

Anyone here had this issue with the Metroliner? Was there a fix for it? Had a look in the razbam forum and found there was a Service Pack 1 for it, but that was in 2014 and this is now 2017 so I'm not sure if the service pack has been incorporated into the Metroliner pack. One of the issues fixed by the service pack was reversed ailerons, so taking that for a clue I checked the ailerons and they appear to be working normally, so it must have had the service pack already incorporated.

Had a look again in the forum and found more than one person had the same problem but they did not get a response from razbam. And a lot of posts there have no response fron Razbam either. What happened to Razbam?

There was a list of fixes by our Bjoern here, on the Razbam forum, but as that was in 2014, do they still apply today? Or were they then included in the service pack?

BTW, I start with a cold and dark cockpit as the default. I'd really appreciate any help or information to fix this issue if possible. Thanks.
    Mark

Mark,

there are two switches to the right of the center console. Did you switch these on? These resolve your problem if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,

Cees

I think you have found the solution: the fixes by Bjoern are still valid because Razbam has never updated its birds anymore.
    So you should definitely check the topics where Bjoern describe his enhancements for this aircraft. I think that topic is one of them:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...X-P3D-released!

Yes, the modifications are still valid.

Normally, I'd blame malfunctioning avionics on an improperly installed MM3SM.dll, but the periodical power failures are totally new to me.

I have no problem with this plane. I love it! Great add-on!

Cees

I don't have that plane, but often that sort of problem is due to the default flight. I've found that it's best to have the default flight as the FSX default. The Trike over Friday Harbour. You might try restoring the FSX Default, default flight, if you see what I mean.
    Worth a try, anyway...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks to all who replied, much appreciated.

Cees, yes, thanks, the two switches were the inverter and avionics switches and they were already on, but no joy.

I had to uninstall the Metro and started over again by reinstalling it again. And hey..it's all working now, as it should! The power fail light now goes out when I click the inverter, and the APU light (the one I was referring to as the GPU) is now working, the Annunciator panel is on too. I checked all the lights on the annunciator panel and they all go out when all the relevant switches are clicked, NWS, SRL, SAS, etc all extinguished when these switches are clicked. Except for one little green light flickering on and I couldn't work that one out, it was flickering like crazy. I realised it was something to do with the NWS so clicked that switch again and it went out. Is that what it's supposed to do, shouldn't it be a steady green light rather than flickering?

I'll keep an eye on the Metro and see how it goes.

Is it possible that if you make changes to the aircraft cfg, it will stop working? Because I noticed that when I corrected the atc entries for the model and type for the metroliner to be called out correctly by ATC, it stopped working. I didn't make a backup of the cfg unfortunately, so had to make that reinstall. I don't know if that caused it, may be unlikely.

Bjoern, if your fixes still apply, would I have to download all of them or just one of them?

And where would I find the service pack 1 if the Metroliner was not updated in the first place? I looked for it at Razbam but couldn't find it....was it already built into the Metroliner package? Edit: I looked up the Razbam forums again and found the service pack was a full install pack that replaced the first release pack, so yes it has been updated at that point.

Pat, thanks for the suggestion, my saved default flight is the default C172 with a cold dark cockpit on the ground. I'd rather have the C172 than the Trike.
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 3