Razbam Metroliner Power fail, no power - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Razbam Metroliner Power fail, no power

Hmm, I can't find a way to edit my post above - I have decided to close my YouTube channel, so that video is no longer available, but the guide, and others I have done and will do in future, will remain available to view.

Regarding the Metroliner - I think the guy was possibly referring to earlier marks - I understand the wings were made longer on the III. Maybe the fuselage was shorter as well as the wings, on previous versions? I did read about the updates but I read so much, hard to hold it all in!

I know he was talking mainly about landing the aircraft, but this was about 10 years ago, so I can't remember his exact comments now.

I can never get the various models and the sequence of their introduction to the market right either. Quite a hodgepodge.

The Metro III has longer wings, yes, but in their infitinite wisdom, Fairchild forgot to move the ailerons outboard as well, resulting in a very poor roll rate.

P.S: Check Davethepilot's videos on Youtube. Former Metro driver with lots of great, digitally taped flights in the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    ...in their infitinite wisdom, Fairchild forgot to move the ailerons outboard as well, resulting in a very poor roll rate.
    Hm, having flown the Metro III I definitely can't confirm the rumors about the 'very poor roll rate', neither in the real one or in the RAZBAM version.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
    Hm, having flown the Metro III I definitely can't confirm the rumors about the 'very poor roll rate', neither in the real one or in the RAZBAM version.
    Real Metro?!
    Stay right here!

I need a "Yes/No/Maybe" on this:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4...omment-3728494

The video link has been updated

As I can't edit the original post:

https://youtu.be/F2jECtR6Zsw
    Last edited by JD_LincsUK; March 24th, 2019 at 07:07.

Members who have read this thread: 3