Wtr 2018

Thread: Wtr 2018

Wtr 2018

Hi chaps,

I've been looking into this whole RTW Race this morning - browsing the RTW Race site, researching here, there, etc.
    I haven't got a single AC listed on the white list but I'm a quick converter.

Looks like a good thing.

I would like to state my interest in participating in the 2018 Race in February (if there is one) for the out house team.
    Last edited by Ganter; September 11th, 2017 at 10:20.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Hi chaps,

I've been looking into this whole RTW Race this morning - browsing the RTW Race site, researching here, there, etc.
    I haven't got a single AC listed on the white list but I'm a quick converter.

Looks like a good thing.

I would like to state my interest in participating in the 2018 Race in February (if there is one) for the out house team.
    It really is a fun experience and I'de be happy to help get you setup. I'de start with the basic 'must haves', Gnoopey's P-47, Dave's P-38,and the P-51D which have links from the whitelist doc. I've recently been playing alot with the freeware FSrealWX weather engine and am so impressed with it I purchased the pro version. Might want to take a look at that for weather if your not running any other payware weather utility.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    It really is a fun experience and I'de be happy to help get you setup. I'de start with the basic 'must haves', Gnoopey's P-47, Dave's P-38,and the P-51D which have links from the whitelist doc. I've recently been playing alot with the freeware FSrealWX weather engine and am so impressed with it I purchased the pro version. Might want to take a look at that for weather if your not running any other payware weather utility.

Cheers for the help Maddog,

I'll investigate those aircraft. The A2A P-51D looks cool.
    I run Active Sky 2016 for weather so all set in that respect.

Those boys over at Avsim seem to win it far too much!
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Cheers for the help Maddog,

I'll investigate those aircraft. The A2A P-51D looks cool.
    I run Active Sky 2016 for weather so all set in that respect.

Those boys over at Avsim seem to win it far too much!
    The Warwick Carter P-51D is a bit faster, and free.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Hello everyone

Will there be a race this year and is there a slot in the SOH team?

Will there be a race this year and is there a slot in the SOH team?
    Will there be a Race? Most likely. It's a nifty event.
    Will there be a slot in the SOH Team? Probably, but I can't say for sure.

Having said the that, unless we can get some more pilots, there won't be a FlightSim team in the Race this year. ATM, we have a total of, get ready for this, two whole pilots. Three, if I can talk my lovely wife into to taking a few legs, but she's not really ready, IMHO.
    Kinda sad. We did really well the first year I was involved, 2015. We even won! Ponch and myself took joint Rookie of the Year award for landing at exactly the same instant, too. Really a proud moment for us both.
    Last year, they changed the rules to allow a 2 man team to participate in a reasonably fair manner, but it darn near wiped me out. It was fun, but I just can't keep those hours any more.

Oh well, 2 teams are better than none, yes?
    I wish you all the very best, and may you all have lotsa fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Well. the last time i took part in RTW, back in 2010 (or was it 2011?) there were 4 teams of 22 people each. We'll see though...

Members who have read this thread: 0