SimWorks Studios Visible arrestor cables

Thread: SimWorks Studios Visible arrestor cables

SimWorks Studios Visible arrestor cables

I've been testing (P3Dv3 and P3Dv4) the SimWorks Studios new visible arrestor cable system for their upcoming USS Midway/Coral Sea pack.
    This is easily configured for use with any aircraft equipped with a tail hook.

Here it is with the Kazunori Ito A-4C updated for FSX / P3D (available at https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...uglas-skyhawk/ ):

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

I was lucky enough to be in on the development side (not on this project) to get to test configuration and presets. Out of all the carrier traps I've attempted this is the most realistic. I flew Dino's F-14D, F-35C, T-45C, and the aerosoft F-14 doing that work and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

It looks nice and promising!
    Can You show how it looks with prop planes with main gear only (like Bearcat ect).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It looks nice and promising!
    Can You show how it looks with prop planes with main gear only (like Bearcat ect).
    I'm happy to report that it works exactly the same. This is the Piglet A-1H (Tacpacked):

Current System Specs :

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I'm happy to report that it works exactly the same. This is the Piglet A-1H (Tacpacked):

Are the aircraft next to the island something you added or will they come with the Stoof and the Hookie-Tuke?

This is one of the coolest features I've seen in any addons recently.
    Great job Simworks !

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Are the aircraft next to the island something you added or will they come with the Stoof and the Hookie-Tuke?
    They come with the carrier pack.....and can be set for Launch, Recovery and Crowded configurations.

Included with the pack is a utility that add the carrier deck configurator to any airplane of your choosing (sets statics and controls the elevators) and also a very easy to use utility that sets the tailhook position on the arresting cable.
    Current System Specs :

In the pics of the A-4, wires 3 & 4 look awfully close together, compared to the spacing 'tween 1 & 2. In the pictures of the A1-H they look correct. Does all that have to do with airplane selected, or is just an updated ship, or what?

Just curious, thanks!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    In the pics of the A-4, wires 3 & 4 look awfully close together, compared to the spacing 'tween 1 & 2. In the pictures of the A1-H they look correct. Does all that have to do with airplane selected, or is just an updated ship, or what?

Just curious, thanks!
    Pat☺
    That screenshot was taken on the USS Midway which had that layout.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Hi , I downloaded and installed the A4 AC in P3D V4 but it did not have landing gear...also it is using some gauges that do not exist in P3D V4 like F16, is this not V4 compatible?...
    I would love the wires showing!!!

Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post

Thx! It looks very well!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm using the A-4 in P3Dv3 and although I also have P3Dv4 on my system, I haven't tried using it there yet.

In P3Dv3, the VC is a bit "plain" and I will probably try to spruce it up a little bit....and maybe make it v4 compatible, if I can find some freeware gauges for it.

The model is nice, but the canopy is not quite correct...it's too big.....but it's still nice to fly and might be worth trying to Tacpack..

Quote Originally Posted by aeronauta View Post
    Hi , I downloaded and installed the A4 AC in P3D V4 but it did not have landing gear...also it is using some gauges that do not exist in P3D V4 like F16, is this not V4 compatible?...
    I would love the wires showing!!!

Jorge
    Current System Specs :

Members who have read this thread: 0