PROYECT SLAVA CLASS CRUISER AI for FSX/P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PROYECT SLAVA CLASS CRUISER AI for FSX/P3D

Texture resources

I think the 21mb texture file will cause resource issues on some machines..

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I think the 21mb texture file will cause resource issues on some machines..

that is for lack of a texture, I already corrected it, you can download it again

download link

my apologies to those who downloaded it before, I, work on it last night but forget to add some of the textures, this is solved and a new link has been added

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b01y2...z4sy/slava.zip

Very nice work on the Slava...!
    Your animation especially the hangar doors and nets adds a high level of realism
    Landing at dusk with the lit hangar deck and impressive looking ship wakes, all a plus.

Do you think you could add heat effects for the stacks (very light smoke) to give the effect of the gas turbines..?

Really looking forward to the "UDALOY II"..

Many thanks,

Tony

Very nice ship. I was able to land aboard several times. Not pretty but I didn't go in the water. Thank you for your work, CIMOGT. Looking forward to seeing that Udaloy DDG when you finish it.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Cimogt, He looks nice, but you know what? I think we can do better! Whaddaya say?
    Attachment 54082
    I'll run the old rust bucket through the texture mill, do a clean up, full hull(simplified-FSX, who cares whats below the waterline...) get the draw-call and material count under control so they'll run faster and easier on memory., and get some spec and night maps into the game. Bump maps? if any one wants to take that on...
    I did these when I had a slight clue, but no firm grasp. I should be able to map this one onto a single sheet, less flags and glass, chop some polys and clean up the mesh.
    I think I may be able to merge in your hanger and what not. Get back to you in a couple of days, then start into the Udaloys. We need a sovremenny class DDG, one of these days, too, though I think a Leahy is 'prolly higher in the yard order.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Cimogt, He looks nice, but you know what? I think we can do better! Whaddaya say?

I'll run the old rust bucket through the texture mill, do a clean up, full hull(simplified-FSX, who cares whats below the waterline...) get the draw-call and material count under control so they'll run faster and easier on memory., and get some spec and night maps into the game. Bump maps? if any one wants to take that on...
    I did these when I had a slight clue, but no firm grasp. I should be able to map this one onto a single sheet, less flags and glass, chop some polys and clean up the mesh.
    I think I may be able to merge in your hanger and what not. Get back to you in a couple of days, then start into the Udaloys. We need a sovremenny class DDG, one of these days, too, though I think a Leahy is 'prolly higher in the yard order.
    It would be very good, i am with the kirov, in these moments doing the hangar and i will try to lower the number of textures and size in general, the bump textures can be easily made, but i do not add them beause i think i would lower the fps or am i wrong with this?

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    It would be very good, i am with the kirov, in these moments doing the hangar and i will try to lower the number of textures and size in general, the bump textures can be easily made, but i do not add them beause i think i would lower the fps or am i wrong with this?
    The Kirov should be very impressive.
    With her interesting hangar that will be a treat...!

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 54092

So. I've chiseled the mapping down to two sheets, the collada file is five and a quarter Mb at this point. Did some cleanup, full hull, re-diddled and grouped the masts for animation.
    Just the rest of the top hamper to tex, and railings to install. I should be able to hold this down to a pair 2048x2048( plus 2 specs and 2 LM's) main's, and a 512x512 for glass, lights, ensign and lattice transparencies. Mebe latter today...

So. I've chiseled the mapping down to two sheets, the collada file is five and a quarter Mb at this point. Did some cleanup, full hull, re-diddled and grouped the masts for animation.
    Just the rest of the top hamper to tex, and railings to install. I should be able to hold this down to a pair 2048x2048( plus 2 specs and 2 LM's) main's, and a 512x512 for glass, lights, ensign and lattice transparencies. Mebe latter today...
    Is it possible to have the big radar dish be its own piece of texture...?
    That way it could be painted to look like mesh dish...

great work !!!

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the original, I had all that stuff-antennae and lattice- on alpha'd transparencies and large size wrap textures. I had no idea what in the hell I was doing, so there is a lot of assembly crap, file marks, fumduckers and back faces driving draw calls up, vertice count too high...vertical learning curve stuff.
    I'm glad I save all my files for these, I always wanted to refrobulate these. Wish I had of saved the type 077 LST files...
    rationalized top pair and plate steer(?) into a single group and doubled the 3D antenna to get a busier look. I've found it simpler to export only the parts requiring animation to FSDS, then merge the animated parts back into the model in MCX. Faster render, preserves poly smoothing as much as possible and it's very easy to fix and tweak animations. I can also keep a file of animated radar sets- all ready have an strut pair and square tie on hand.

A challenge to land on especially when it is moving. Should it have a little smoke? Pictures don't show much -- seems to dissipate quickly.

Yeah, the original, I had all that stuff-antennae and lattice- on alpha'd transparencies and large size wrap textures. I had no idea what in the hell I was doing, so there is a lot of assembly crap, file marks, fumduckers and back faces driving draw calls up, vertice count too high...vertical learning curve stuff.
    I'm glad I save all my files for these, I always wanted to refrobulate these. Wish I had of saved the type 077 LST files...
    rationalized top pair and plate steer(?) into a single group and doubled the 3D antenna to get a busier look. I've found it simpler to export only the parts requiring animation to FSDS, then merge the animated parts back into the model in MCX. Faster render, preserves poly smoothing as much as possible and it's very easy to fix and tweak animations. I can also keep a file of animated radar sets- all ready have an strut pair and square tie on hand.
    Normally i have 2 separed files, 1 with animated parts and another fixed ones, i do the animation and when being complete i add the fixed parts in 3dmax, the part most difficult for me is the make of textures !!!

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Here's the SKUP for the textured Slava. Radars are place holders. By the time it's ready to step the masts, I'll have a set for you. Hangar doors and hangar interior are separate components, all mapped. Just assembly textures at this point. Tried to mark locations of stuff on the maps. I left off boats and railings, you seem to have a cunning plan in action. Two thoughts, save your self a few poly's...the Balzat cans are not ribbed, and the funny little R2D2 gizmo's outboard the SA(N)6 VLS are twin barrel decoy launchers, and are the correct shape. Took a while to track down an ident on those.
    Looks like you'll be busy. So, while you take the high(detail) road, I'll take the low road and smash up a low poly version.
    Hang on for a moment for drive to load....and a correction. Think I've got it all, now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...DJFTXBvbklzZHM
    Last edited by lazarus; September 21st, 2017 at 22:11.

Members +
    Blog Entries

low-poly Slava

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...HpIS0JKYjVCNDQ

Previous file superseded. Current state SKUP file, found and fixed the fumduckers, straightened out some mapping, mast, rads, hangar ready for animating.
    Low-poly Slava, alpha state- haven't got to animating the hangar and whatnot, just the main rads. Pad only, haven't put in the ramp and hangar floor, the Slava's have one of those inconvenient half-deck hangars... Basic textures, specs and nightmaps thrown at it. Updating the Kirov and Udaloy next,. then I'll try out Cimogt's animation code and gauge. Thanks for the kick in the butt!
    Attachment 54199Attachment 54200

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...HpIS0JKYjVCNDQ

Previous file superseded. Current state SKUP file, found and fixed the fumduckers, straightened out some mapping, mast, rads, hangar ready for animating.
    Low-poly Slava, alpha state- haven't got to animating the hangar and whatnot, just the main rads. Pad only, haven't put in the ramp and hangar floor, the Slava's have one of those inconvenient half-deck hangars... Basic textures, specs and nightmaps thrown at it. Updating the Kirov and Udaloy next,. then I'll try out Cimogt's animation code and gauge. Thanks for the kick in the butt!
    Good work, now i working with the animation of the hangar doors in the kirov

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Right on! Started into Kirov-He's( russian ships are 'He's' ) The usual clean out junk, full hull, the bull nose dome 'cause I was feeling frisky, started texturing.
    Cimogt, on the Slava's helideck, forward left cropped corner, there is a line where I removed the old nets. I forgot that surplus line, and didn't texture the material. Just erase that line in the SKUP file, the texturing will snap into place.
    Should have mentioned, all the textures on the model are projected, too. when you add a part, open the ship main group active, go to the paint window, and mouse the little eye dropper icon. You will get a little eye eyedropper icon for a cursor. Take that over to the area beside your new part, right click it on the texture to sample it. The cursor will change to the paint can icon, and paint window will change to the active texture you just sampled. Make sure your new part is then opened active, paint it. The part is then mapped. Easy as pie, or whatever baked good simile you like...
    Don't paint with texture smoothing on, that way the back face won't paint. You'll note the bright green back faces, this is so I can remove that material in MCX, chopping the poly count down.

Slava - modeling

Hi,
    I'm a little confused.
    I understand about stream lining the original Slava model but with the "low poly"
    model there are missing objects. The anchor gear, modeling on the missle tubes, hatches,
    life rings, deck bitts. Or like the vertical missle hatches, not as smoothly modeled. I understand these
    all increase the resource use but they add character to the ship.

tc

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Alpha state- still in progress. It's growing more greeblies as it goes along. Looks like you'll have a choice between high detail, resource intensive and lower poly, less intensive CPU usage. Boats and whatnot, as far as I'm concerned, are an adjunct. I like to run large formations on a budget box, ergo: lower poly, lower detail models. You can always take these things in hand and 'go nuts' yourself- sketchup is very user friendly, as is MCX; both are fantastically powerful tools. Short form, it's my navy, my time. I'll try my level best to improve the 'product' as I become a bit more proficient.
    I am also a terribly lazy modeller. I'll grab some photo's and drawings off the interweb and I eye ball it, draw it freehand. If it looks close, and scales out in the ball park, I'm happy. If I can use an extant freeware mesh as a base, great! I get the things I want in sim, fast. Pure selfishness on my part. That it percolates out as freeware is more selfishness- free file storage for me, and it may attract people who will part with a few sheckles to keep the sites up and going- more selfishness, or at least enlightened self-interest.

Members who have read this thread: 0