Mistubishi F-2A issue

Thread: Mistubishi F-2A issue

Mistubishi F-2A issue

I've been enjoying the Team FS KBT FSX/FS2004 Mitsubishi F-2A for some time now. I forget where I first downloaded it, but the file name is f-2a_dko.zip. As I said, I enjoy the model, but in conditions other than complete daylight, the glass in the virtual cockpit becomes completely opaque. If anyone familiar with this model has had this problem, I would appreciate your sharing what you did to solve it. Even a proper identification of the vc glass texture file would be of help, because I could probably switch it out with a texture that works.

Many thanks in advance.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

I used that model in the past, and if I remember correctly, the textures just need some alpha channel inversion, the usual stuff for FS9 aircrafts in FSX.
    I don't remember the exact file names though, but I believe they were easy enough to identify. You just need to install the freeware DXTBMP and use the "browse" function from the menu. It will allow you to preview the files one by one before opening them.
    The textures you're looking for are showing the reflection of the pilot, if I'm not mistaken. Best is to fly at night, to get the canopy opaque, and look carefully at that canopy, so that you can recognize it in the files.

Oh boy, last time I flew this bird in FSX was around 2010
    I found a topic where we talk about the faulty texture: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Canopy-Problem

EDIT: this topic might be interesting for you too: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...by-Team-FS-KBT

Invert the Alpha... Thanks Daube. Took me all of thirty seconds to fix. Sometimes I just think too hard. Thanks also for the links. As I'm sure I've said before, I have no problems using old a/c as long as I continue to enjoy them. I still use my CFS2 portovers and my Copley XP-38N.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0