Testing a new photo hosting website

Thread: Testing a new photo hosting website

SOH-CM-2024

Testing a new photo hosting website

Now that Photobucket wants a king's ransom to host photos for third-party site, I dropped my account with the basticks immediately. After reading a bunch, I decided on trying Postimage: https://postimg.org. Many links for either thumbnail or full size images are under the Share tab. One has to send Postimage one's email and they will send you a password via the email address. One can then log-in using one's email and the password sent via email. Photobucket did not just bite off their foot to save their arse, they bit off their leg. I hope they go under. As a note, if one clicks on the image one is taken to my Postimage site where one can click + for the full sized image. It all worked pretty well on one of my modeling forums that uses a different type of link.

The photos are of my build of the 1/72 scale Academy Spitfire Mk XIVc.

Blimey! I appear to have an "account" there with one snap on it. Note to self.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

After Imageshack went pay-to-play, Photobucket had become my sole image host. Now that they are pay-to-play, I've dropped them. Every forum I go to that has user posted images is now littered with the Photobucket image telling them to upgrade their account.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    After Imageshack went pay-to-play, Photobucket had become my sole image host. Now that they are pay-to-play, I've dropped them. Every forum I go to that has user posted images is now littered with the Photobucket image telling them to upgrade their account.
    Ditto here, been using Photobucket since 2006. When they became ransomware, I dropped the SOBs then and there. Try using the Postimage site linked in my head Post, works for me so far.

Caz

Members who have read this thread: 0