Hello everybody,

I'd like to fly the wonderful Turbine Mallard by Milton Shupe for the Bluegrass Airlines BCAR Rally starting soon. I did a few test flights but still don't know exactly how to handle the PT6 engines : the checklist and reference information included with the aircraft are not very clear to me and I couldn't find anything interesting on the web. Being a piston aircraft pilot, I don't know much about turboprops and would appreciate to fly it... "by the numbers".

Here is what I gathered from the aircraft's documents :

Take-off
- full power (100%) --> max 5 min.
- props full forward (100%) --> max 5 min.

Climb
- power 90%
- props rpm 95%

Cruise
- power "Set % TRQ as REDQ" ????? --> should give 190 KIAS at 6000 ft
- props rpm 90% --> should give 190 KIAS at 6000 ft

Economy cruise
- power 65% and rpm 65% --> with this setting, speed is rapidly decreasing to about 129 KIAS at 7000 ft
- EGT is 694 °C at 7000 ft
- fuel flow is 192 PPH at 7000 ft

Descent
- power "as required"

Approach
- power "as required"
- props full forward (100%)
- best glide speed ????

Landing
- Vref ???

Now, I also don't understand the difference between my throttle joystick (Saitek Throttle Quadrant) and the gauge indication :
- to get 65% engine torque (gauge), I must set my throttle control (joystick) at 44% ; or to get 90%, I must set 64% on my joystick
- to get 65% prop rpm (gauge), I must set my propeller control (joystick) at 29%

Condition levers : do they have to remain at 100% during all phases of flight, and taxi ?

That's it. Anybody wanting to share some knowledge on these issues ?

Thanks a lot in advance and a big thank you again to Milton Shupe for this great aircraft.

Raphael (LSGG)