ETO 1.5 Campaign Issues

Thread: ETO 1.5 Campaign Issues

ETO 1.5 Campaign Issues

Just installed ETO 1.5. Now I am having a couple irregularities. First, my ETO Start shortcut says "Windows can not find csf3.exe blah blah." So if I go to my ETO folder I can see the csf3.exe file, my global layers.bat file is still pointing in the right direction, so I'm not sure what the issue is there.

I can still start the game using the csf3.exe in the ETO Expansion folder, but I am unable to pick which campaign I use. The campaign doesn't crash playing the 1943 campaign, and the new planes are included, but the campaign frontline won't move. Does anyone have any idea what my issue might be, or a tutorial video on installing 1.5 if I did it wrong (which I'm pretty sure I did correctly).

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Maddyman10 ,

When I encounter problems with ETO I take a quick visual check of the folders in the install. Eg. if you look at all the missions folders, (there is one for each era), the one which is missing will be the era that missions are set to (it will have been renamed "Missions" so is set up ready for use).

Then take a look at the global layer folder. In it there will be five global layer.csv files, named for each of the five eras - except one, which the .bat files will have renamed as the default global layer .csv. so that is the global layer that is loaded. For example, if the 1944 global layer is missing, it is the 1944 era that is set up as the global layer.

Do the missions, qc locations and global layer match? and what era do they match to? You should only try to load a campaign that matches the era which you are in. If there is any uncertainty, delete the uisel.xml file that resides under the AppData/local/Microsoft/etc pathway, then restart ETO in the default Era 1, before moving on to other eras.

There is always the backup option if everything is snafu, but I usually can avoid that if I can identify any mismatch between eras used for missions, QC and the global layer.

IIRC the bat file for the global layer is separate from the bat file that sets the other variable era files, and that can be the reason for mix-ups. If one bat file points to the wrong place things can get out of sync.

In addition, the spawn files are also changed with the era. Once you get familiar with what the air spawns should look like for each era, just looking at the air.spawns file in Notepad can give you a heads up as to which era the game thinks it is in. Again it should match the missions and qc locations and global layers for that era.

If you encounter problems, take a printscreen image of the folder setup in your ETO install, and someone will quickly be able to determine which era the ETO is set to run in. Including another printscreen image of the contents of the global layer folder would quickly reveal any inconsistencies.

HTH

Members who have read this thread: 0