Milviz F-100

Thread: Milviz F-100

Milviz F-100

Hi all of you who enjoy the milviz F-100. I saw a pic on facebook this evening that I thought would be interesting to you. This is a line up of QF-100s at Tyndall AFB in the early 90s. Notice the aircraft with ONE painted on the tail. You will notice this is a former thunderbirds No.1. It also served with the Georgia Air National Guard (116th TFW) at Dobbins Georgia in the 1970's. There are earlier versions of this bird as repaints etc in Vietnam era camo, but this was her final disposition. Thought that might be interesting to you as it was to me.

Might be better with a pic? lol
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Might be better with a pic? lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QF-100_Super_Sabres_at_Tyndall_AFB_1990.jpg  

The one at the far end with no number on the nose, needs to pick up his dressing!

Good old "Death Row"... that patch of tarmac is now occupied with the last QF-4E's and the "new" QF-16's. I miss that place grew up there '85-'89.

Quote Originally Posted by viper1977 View Post
    Good old "Death Row"... that patch of tarmac is now occupied with the last QF-4E's and the "new" QF-16's. I miss that place grew up there '85-'89.
    I liken more to a Warriors Death, where they are spending their last useful years still doing what they were designed to be from the outset and dying as a fighter, rather than a cutters torch. I would love to see and hear the QF-4E's, as they were a huge part of my early childhood in Europe and New Mexico. I was always on the lookout for the low level fly overs in Germany especially, at a time when they could still do so. My kudos to all you Sailors, Soldiers, Marines and Airmen that kept all those war birds flying.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I don't know about the QF-4's, but I know the F-4N/J/and S models took SOME maintenance efforts by all shops to keep them in the air. Lots of weekend duty section time was spent by all keeping the flight schedule.
    But I tell ya, it was worth it when those things went roaring off the deck! Especially right at dusk. What a sight and sound it was...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 1