Rossi out for some time-Another fractured leg!

Thread: Rossi out for some time-Another fractured leg!

Rossi out for some time-Another fractured leg!

Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) was involved in an enduro accident during training close to his hometown Tavullia on Thursday, August 31st.

Update 12:15AM CEST, Friday:
    Following an enduro training accident on Thursday, August 31st, nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) was diagnosed with displaced fractures of the tibia and fibula of his right leg. The Italian will undergo surgery as soon as possible.

Update 10:35AM CEST, Friday:
    On Thursday night, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP‘s Valentino Rossi had a successful operation on the displaced fractures of the tibia and fibula of his right leg after an enduro accident the same evening.
    Following a medical examination at the ’Ospedale Civile di Urbino', where he was initially diagnosed, the Italian was transported to the 'Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria Ospedali Riuniti' in Ancona. Upon arrival, he received surgery between 2am – 3am by Dr. Raffaele Pascarella, Director of the Orthopedics and Traumatology Division. During the surgery the fractures were fixated using a metal pin - a locked intramedullary nail - without any complications.

Nasty one, with the projected recovery time from the medical staff of 40+/- days I think his year is done, certainly no 10th championship is on the cards.
    A 38 year old leg doesn't heal as quickly as a 28 or 18 year old one either.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

One of the 4 in the hunt for this year's championship and being a VR fan, this just sucks. I wonder if they will pull another Yamaha rider to fill in, or just Mav taking the fight to MM93.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

The only replacement rider available would be one of the Japanese domestic series riders who might be a Yamaha Test Rider.
    Herve is highly unlikely to just hand over Zarco.............
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Bad news. VR has been Motogp for a long time. Several riders have spurred interest and have been quite good and won titles, but it's always can he beat Rossi!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Dutchman Michael van der mark will replace Rossi for the Aragon race!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Well it seems Valentino will do the race after all..............

So no debut for the Dutch rider.

Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0