Soviet Sea Monsters, Ivan Rogov, dynamic submarines, beta.

Thread: Soviet Sea Monsters, Ivan Rogov, dynamic submarines, beta.

Members +
    Blog Entries

Soviet Sea Monsters, Ivan Rogov, dynamic submarines, beta.

ALpha Lun with working SUNBURN, Alpha A-90 Orlenok, Max Tac Be-200. Ivan Rogov LPD in support, all three extant ships and a fourth, Tim's Almaz Kalmar in pilotable and AI version. LPD has hard decks and well deck, stern gate on custom animation, nightmaps. I've got a final version in mind with bow doors, hangar doors and ramps animated for a final version. One other related hack is diving submarines, using a related custom animation code. Submerged runners, at present, working on a version that surfaces and runs on the surface. Incentive to re-hash some sub models, and get some others on the ways.
    Attachment 53533Attachment 53534Attachment 53535Attachment 53536Attachment 53537Attachment 53538Attachment 53539Attachment 53540

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    ALpha Lun with working SUNBURN, Alpha A-90 Orlenok, Max Tac Be-200. Ivan Rogov LPD in support, all three extant ships and a fourth, Tim's Almaz Kalmar in pilotable and AI version. LPD has hard decks and well deck, stern gate on custom animation, nightmaps. I've got a final version in mind with bow doors, hangar doors and ramps animated for a final version. One other related hack is diving submarines, using a related custom animation code. Submerged runners, at present, working on a version that surfaces and runs on the surface. Incentive to re-hash some sub models, and get some others on the ways.
    Great models. I remember I had a book with the Ivan Rogov on the cover as a kid... It was called something like Modern Warships, but that's a looong time ago

Awesome. Thanks.

This brings back great memories of the FSX missions and in particular the one where you are a secret agent in a chase across Japan, and you happen across the top secret ekranoplan. Good times! I'll have to load that mission up again at some point.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members +
    Blog Entries
    It's like a DIY skywave model studio...Attachment 53776Attachment 53777Attachment 53778
    Updated OSA I and OSA II, Nanuchka I and Nanuchka II- materials update, OSA II and 'nuchka's rebuilt and cleaned up meshes, texture mapped, new versions.
    LEBED AI, trying out some new animation codes, the 'still' prop isn't quite right, but the doors and ramps open when it stops, looks alright. New Almaz Project 12321 Dzheyran (NATO: AIST) LCAC.
    3 drawcalls. 1.6 meg. Just basic Ai, I've still to put an interior in it and animate the ramp, might try for the skirt inflation animation, if I can get a compound animation sequence to work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...mxaRGdZTzNXZjA

Attachment 53772Attachment 53773Attachment 53774Attachment 53775

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I believe these are the final LCAC versions before general release. The Dzheyran has had it's poly's hammered and ground to shape-made some fumduckers, now fixed; she has animated search and nav radar, still and blur props, rails and an interior welldeck. Worked out the animations for ramps and doors opening, props working when stopping and going. Split the difference on static height. I know how to do a skirt inflate/deflate, but the compound animation sequences are a hungulous pain in the afterbody, maybe some other day, as I'm thinking on a pilotable Dzheyran. Night mapped, attached lights, custom effects. The spray on the Dzheyran is very heavy. The Dzheyran suffered very high skirt pressure and tossed up a Niagara of spray and crud, a big issue that cut the production run at 20 craft and led directly to the Zbur with much larger plenum area, lower skirt pressure.
    Attachment 53858Attachment 53859Attachment 53860
    google drive link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...Xp1bGZPLTVTNUE

As nobody has reported any show-stoppers, I'll close out the thread except for gritch reports and start packing this all up for issue.

Members who have read this thread: 1