Arabic calligraphy

Thread: Arabic calligraphy

Arabic calligraphy

Does anyone know the style of writing or font name for the calligraphy..?
    I imagine it translates to "Royal Jet"...?
    This is a jet service in Dubai..

I had a quick look with Google translate and according to Mr Google "Royal Jet"is written differently in Arabic than in this logo.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I had a quick look with Google translate and according to Mr Google "Royal Jet"is written differently in Arabic than in this logo.
    Don't trust Mr Google. Sometimes I laugh my butt off reading his translations to Russian.

Mr Google may have a funny accent, but his Arabic is much better than mine .

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Does anyone know the style of writing or font name for the calligraphy..?
    I imagine it translates to "Royal Jet"...?
    This is a jet service in Dubai..
    it not translated. it say "Royal Jet" same as the English pronounce (on left of logo). and Arabic written style are from Right to left (opposite western style)

What you need to look for is artwork, not a font. Arabic is like any other letter system and there are hundreds of variations of the basic letters.
    Google "Royal Jet" and find the best artwork (big and sharp) to trace or reuse. Just my two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    it not translated. it say "Royal Jet" same as the English pronounce (on left of logo). and Arabic written style are from Right to left (opposite western style)
    Thank you sir.

Thanks to all, I have it completed...

here you have better versions, the arabic font are painted as logo of the company, you will need to use a software to repaint it in higher resolution, there no font similar to write
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails royal jet2.gif   Royal_Jet_logo.png  

In case anyone's interested, the arabic script is just the literal phonetic transcription of the words 'Royal Jet'. An Arabic reader reading the Arabic letters out loud would still say "Royal Jet" in English. Voila, some leftover knowledge from my days in Kuwait!

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that kalong saw that first!

Thanks..

Thanks for all your help.
    Here is what I am attempting...

Members who have read this thread: 0