ATC Addon

Thread: ATC Addon

ATC Addon

Anyone recommend a realistic ATC program since the stock on doesn't let you talk to ATC via a headset, currently I'm looking at Pilot2ATC...if there is a better one I would like to know before I buy.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

m interested in this idea as well.if you could talk back would make it that much more realistic and fun

OnCourse Software's 'PF3' is pretty darned good with a try before you buy facility.
    Link here: http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_details.htm

Hope you find what you're after though - there's quite a few to choose from

All interesting options. Used to run Radar Contact here and cannot quite remember why I stopped now. Shame all further development was suspended. The only problem with some of the suggested is the robotic nature of the ATC in my view.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

VoxATC used to be very popular, but I don't know if it is P3D compatible

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

So after looking at all the options (I could find) I'm going to try Pilot2ATC. There was one non negotiable point - 2 Way Voice Communication with ATC. I wanted to speak to the controller instead of hitting the number pad and have a disembodied voice that was not my own respond to ATC calls.

Thank all of you for your responses.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Doc - I would be interested how things are progressing with Pilot2ATC, pros cons, etc etc..

Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Naismith,

Apologies I have been working on a payware project and have had very little time to fly. Usually its really just a takeoff, pattern work, and a full stop. Pros: I have successfully used Pilot2ATC to fly in almost any flight that I would load in the sim. I can actually talk to the virtual controller and the dialogue seems very realistic. It is a 64-bit app now and the developer continues to evolve the application. And the developer is responsive to feature requests. I was using military callsigns, the app didn't recognize the callsigns, I asked to have that added, and with the next release, it was in there. As a military aviator, I don't fly any commercial aircraft and very few GA aircraft so having that kind of realism I appreciate.

Cons: There is a steep learning curve that the documentation covers adequately from a new user perspective.

The one thing I have not gotten to is adding other voices for the ATC controllers. That is an expensive proposition. So lack of voice choices other than the stock MS voices with the Windows voice pack is a Con.

Other than that I didn't see too many negative aspects so I have stuck with it since I purchased it way back when I first posted the question. Hope this helps.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Thanks for the quick response. You have confirmed what I thought and I will be getting this in the next few days when I can commit to really understanding it. Having watched some of the videos it strikes me as quite an improvement over the default MS ATC.
    Thanks again
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

No problem, glad I could help.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

I have to say, I am very impressed with this piece of software. Am surprised it doesn't get more comments though. There was no long teaching process as regards to windows understanding my voice (it is not a mid west US accent, but rather a mish mash of West Coast Canadian, Scots and London UK,- enough to confuse many a shop assistant here, I usually get "Oh where do you come from?" answer "Vancouver, but it's complicated" at which point they visibly sag and lose interest )
    Back on track..... it is superior to the standard MS ATC. It is a bit of a learning curve as you say.
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I have to say, I am very impressed with this piece of software. Am surprised it doesn't get more comments though. There was no long teaching process as regards to windows understanding my voice (it is not a mid west US accent, but rather a mish mash of West Coast Canadian, Scots and London UK,- enough to confuse many a shop assistant here, I usually get "Oh where do you come from?" answer "Vancouver, but it's complicated" at which point they visibly sag and lose interest )
    Back on track..... it is superior to the standard MS ATC. It is a bit of a learning curve as you say.
    It is good stuff and the developer is very nice too.

Bit late here, guys, but I highly recommend VoxATC v7. Been using it for years and was waiting for the big update for P3D etc and it was well worth waiting for.

I use VR for flying in both FSX and P3Dv3 and I would especially recommend VoxATC in that environment, it works so well, and gives you the added benefit of providing the AI aircraft as well - with logical calls to/from ATC from those AI aircraft.

The best bit is that, once activated there is rarely a need to use the mouse - it's all vox and you can even get your virtual FO to handle the calls if you so wish.

I did try others but nothing came close to it for realism (I haven't tried a couple of the later ones yet, but that's because I was satisified with VoxATC). I've also had a good experience with email support, now there seem to be more people involved in the utility.

Hope to upload a demo video of it in VR soon as I get my new YouTube channel sorted.

Sidebar: Alexa and Scottish

Your accent comment reminded me of this...

"Alexa can't understand Scottish"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvFxs32zvQ

Members who have read this thread: 0