Terraflora is out!

Thread: Terraflora is out!

Terraflora is out!

I just discovered, Terraflora is now out and waiting for us at the Turbulentsdesign.co.uk!

Take a look here:
    https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/p...gory/products/

Looks interesting, but in the case of Orbx scenery, just wondering if it's any better than the HD vegetation already available for V4?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Interesting! Thanks for the h/u. I'd also like to know how it compares to ORBX-trees, which I have.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I think you will find that Russell White who did these trees also was or is an Orbx scenery designer.

Cheers Chris

Blog Entries
    ORBX FTX Global Trees were done by Scott Armstrong.

The Terra Flora trees by Russ White have a different appearance than the ORBX FTX Global Trees, but I think it will come down to artistic preference. I can't say anything regarding performance with the new TF set, it is hard to benchmark, but FPS appear to be very stable and smooth after a brief evaluation.

I have both. I also have my own autogen WIP installed.

I like the idea of having choices, so being able to switch things up is appealing. IMO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    ORBX FTX Global Trees were done by Scott Armstrong.

The Terra Flora trees by Russ White have a different appearance than the ORBX FTX Global Trees, but I think it will come down to artistic preference. I can't say anything regarding performance with the new TF set, it is hard to benchmark, but FPS appear to be very stable and smooth after a brief evaluation.

I have both. I also have my own autogen WIP installed.

I like the idea of having choices, so being able to switch things up is appealing. IMO
    Gordon,

No compatibility issues with Orbx Global or the regions?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Gordon,

No compatibility issues with Orbx Global or the regions?

Thanks
    I've only got a few hours in the seat with the trees, but I don't see any issues...so far. If something pops up, I'll bump the thread. I don't anticipate any problems though. Russ White is an accomplished dev.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I've only got a few hours in the seat with the trees, but I don't see any issues...so far. If something pops up, I'll bump the thread. I don't anticipate any problems though. Russ White is an accomplished dev.
    Thanks, will probably go ahead and get the package. Really liking the look in the different parts of the world.

I have done some short test flights in Costa Rica, Spain, England, France and Alaska with ORBX sceneries but with out their HD trees. I have not noticed any impact on the frames. They are an improvement, not a huge one, but enough for that money. I like it when the trees in different countries truly are different! I don't think I have wasted any money.

Near 25£? Wow. Not for me. I stay with ORBX trees HD.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Can anybody take some screenshots of the Orbx regions with Terraflora?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Greg Jones from Turbulent is in an active thread at Avsim. Doing a nice job explaining the technical aspects of the product including how it works, the limitations and uninstalling. Turning into a sure buy for me.

Pity that no demo for product with this price.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Does the package include not only trees but also grass? That would be much more important for me than trees.

No ground textures that I can see at this piont . As you probably know Drzewiecki designs have a freeware grass

I am a sucker for world enhancements and purchased a copy, will post some screenshots later this weekend.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    No ground textures that I can see at this piont . As you probably know Drzewiecki designs have a freeware grass
    Thanks, Greenie. No, I did not know that. Will investigate.

Best regards,

Stickshaker

Saw in a YouTube video that TerraFlora did not change trees in the full FTX regions, can anybody confirm this?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

https://youtu.be/kVdcg0CalkQ

If you have not seen this video, go and see. I think it says just about everything about this Terraflora vs. Orbx - issue!

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    https://youtu.be/kVdcg0CalkQ

If you have not seen this video, go and see. I think it says just about everything about this Terraflora vs. Orbx - issue!
    Yes that is the video I saw, but I wonder if anybody can confirm that is the case?

There's a post in the forum Terraflora with a couple of screenies of YLIL- Orbx with different trees (Terraflora) compared to Orbx HD trees

I watched that video and flew to the exact same place And noticed a difference. Note the light coloured tree trunks of the Gum trees. Therefore I disagree with the video

Other screenshots in that forum post were within Orbx regional areas except Switzerland and PNG, however I have Orbx Global installed. So the whole planet is Orbxfied in one way of another !

I like the Terra Flora trees because they have trunks and branches. OrbX trees seem to lack those.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 0