New Alouette III Helicopter available ....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Alouette III Helicopter available ....

New Alouette III Helicopter available ....

Just for your Information, Gents - the MSK Alouette III is available at Simmarket.

Kind regards

Dirk

SOH-CM-2018
    I saw it, but I am concerned about the "easy" in the title.

At €20, it seems steep for just a prettier aircraft, considering we already have Squirrel's Alouette, which were free.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Just for your Information, Gents - the MSK Alouette III is available at Simmarket.

Kind regards

Dirk
    Ive watching the development of this one for the past several months

Its going to be on the cards for sure

yep thats squirrels model

however there is a significant difference in modeling and texturing quality between the 2

the term "easy" in the title means cntl E starts everything, from memory he was going to do a "heavy" model where all systems are modeled, i guess thats yet to come

for the size of the dev team he has and the upcoming P3 hes working on

hes got some talent for a small operator

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    yep thats squirrels model

however there is a significant difference in modeling and texturing quality between the 2

the term "easy" in the title means cntl E starts everything, from memory he was going to do a "heavy" model where all systems are modeled, i guess thats yet to come

for the size of the dev team he has and the upcoming P3 hes working on

hes got some talent for a small operator
    Maybe, but the flight model of the free is a great one, difficult to surpass according the real pilots of this chopper.

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Maybe, but the flight model of the free is a great one, difficult to surpass according the real pilots of this chopper.

JMC
    Im not knocking it as i have it and use it

Its no different from other freeware vs payware it comes down to personal choice

If people want to spent their money so be it its not anyone's call on how or why

I bought it today and had a quick look, its not bad, its not the best helo out there but its reasonably good

i haven't had to much of a fly as Im set up with a yoke and throttle console, which isnt the easiest way to fly a helo, but so far after 10mins I like

one thing thats a easy fix, it the high alpha shine on some of the paints, on another thing you need a bit of constant rudder input to keep it straight which i like

I bought it today and had a quick look, its not bad, its not the best helo out there but its reasonably good

i haven't had to much of a fly as Im set up with a yoke and throttle console, which isnt the easiest way to fly a helo, but so far after 10mins I like

one thing thats a easy fix, it the high alpha shine on some of the paints, on another thing you need a bit of constant rudder input to keep it straight which i like
    could'nt agree more - and the paintkit is included and handles very well. Also it is good on frames and comes with 4 different models.

Matt, did you try to remove the A3_FUSEENV.dds from the texture-folder with the high shining? For me, it makes a significant difference.

Kind Regards

Dirk

not yet, Im going to pull it apart this week and start on some paints, like i siad I still have the yoke set up still connected, when i change over to the stick I will play with it more

I have a few other paints I need to knock over before I start on this one,

do your radio screen light up with numbers, mine appear blank

anyway at least it has bump mapping unlike the last 2 helos that where released, Just saying

I wonder why this isnt a sticky considering its a new release

Besides this release

this other one has me watching closely http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...-orion.438926/

not yet, Im going to pull it apart this week and start on some paints, like i siad I still have the yoke set up still connected, when i change over to the stick I will play with it more

I have a few other paints I need to knock over before I start on this one,

do your radio screen light up with numbers, mine appear blank

anyway at least it has bump mapping unlike the last 2 helos that where released, Just saying

I wonder why this isnt a sticky considering its a new release
    Yes, my radio screen light up ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_9_3_15_25_8.jpg   enb2017_9_3_22_0_43.jpg  

Cool

And what the new version offers?Real start procedure?Good dynamics?Vibration effects?
    None of that.Unfinished project.
    I'm just saying.

Dirk I had a look at the psds tonight

its a pleasure to paint so far 10mins in, im guessing the hardest part will be the finding the struts and adding custom weathering

the interior comes with psds, which makes it that little more better

the bump mapping is done nicely and has the nice feel to the model

as for modeling, hes done a good job,no half arsed attempt

Nice one, Matt. I add heli-trimm to the Alouette and with that it fly very nice. It is fun to reduce the speed and feel how she's slow down. It is just a "FunFlyer" and also a good one for repainting.

In the meantime, i did two austrian Helos - as seen below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_9_4_14_46_10.jpg   enb2017_9_4_14_45_40.jpg  

I had reworked the original paint that comes with the package - new Pilots, seats and a bit more red .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_9_4_16_51_31_2.jpg  

Also posted in P3D forum...

Just as an advisory, I had problems getting the radios to work in P3Dv4 (not sure of the state of the FSX version), but I was able to resolve that issue. The [Radios] section of the aircraft.cfg is commented out. It's present, but just has "slashes (//)" before the section, for an undetermined reason. Removing the slashes/commenting-out results in working radios!

Before realizing this, I had requested support from the dev via email, but unfortunately just received a non-answer saying thanks for the purchase, and to note that a more advanced version was in development and will be free for users of the existing version. Luckily in this case I was able to resolve the issue.

I also added the sounds from the payware FSHelis.ch Lama to this Alouette, and they work perfectly.

If anyone needs repaint ideas, Irish or Canadian examples would look great!

https://www.helis.com/spotters/ian_p...rhino_iea3.jpg

http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/...8038.jpg?v=v40

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/full_si...259-medium.jpg

cheers sean i havent really looked at the cfg yet, i sent them this video and theyre have responded, im yet to read it but im sure this was the same problem

https://youtu.be/7jUB2KLtzoE

I have redone my Security Civil - and my Austrian Army paints - now they look much better (imho) They should be ready to go this weekend .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_9_5_13_21_6.jpg   enb2017_9_7_15_39_51.jpg   enb2017_9_7_15_40_20.jpg   enb2017_9_7_15_40_51.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by milence View Post
    And what the new version offers?Real start procedure?Good dynamics?Vibration effects?
    None of that.Unfinished project.
    I'm just saying.
    Looks pretty good to me. What ARE you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Looks pretty good to me. What ARE you trying to say?
    I ask what is offered for this price?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    I have redone my Security Civil - and my Austrian Army paints - now they look much better (imho) They should be ready to go this weekend .....
    Looking forward to these and additional Alouette liveries from you! Do you take requests?

Hi Sean,

sorry, no requests will be taken ...

Kind regards

Dirk

My first repaints are available via DropBox - so if you want one or two or all, please drop me a line ....

Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 0