New Alouette III Helicopter available .... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Alouette III Helicopter available ....

And another one is ready for duty .... somewhere over Austria
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_9_9_14_54_4.jpg   enb2017_9_9_14_55_3.jpg  

One of a small hand few that where used during the atomic bomb testing in central Aus

The Alouette III is a "Special" ship to me because they were used by the very first, Hospital Based Air Ambulance Company in the United States right here in Denver. Their High Altitude capability and durability kept them around for quite awhile. Their distinct sound and Bumble-Bee like flight characteristics are sorely missed by me. I later got to work around a different one with a local Heli-Lift company, and another one used for Heli-Ski work in the Rockies, but that was a long.... time ago!! I really wonder just how many are actually in the States anymore. They were sure used and abused!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N608RM.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    The Alouette III is a "Special" ship to me because they were used by the very first, Hospital Based Air Ambulance Company in the United States right here in Denver. Their High Altitude capability and durability kept them around for quite awhile. Their distinct sound and Bumble-Bee like flight characteristics are sorely missed by me. I later got to work around a different one with a local Heli-Lift company, and another one used for Heli-Ski work in the Rockies, but that was a long.... time ago!! I really wonder just how many are actually in the States anymore. They were sure used and abused!!
    I will take that one on, theres a few different schemes if i google it

which rego are we looking at

The one pictured is N608RM - Built in 1964 as S/N 1166. There was its "Sister" ship N607RM S/N 1167 operated there too for a while. They were sequential Serial Numbers, and were bought by Rocky Mountain Helicopters and put into service with Flight For Life in the early 80's (If memory serves me) Rocky Mountain was a Provo based Helicopter operator.

Of interest, The Tiger Stripe Alouette in the Package is also related to this one. It too was owned by Rocky Mountain Helicopters and operated as an Air Ambulance in Salt Lake City, UT for Inter-Mountain Life
    Flight. These Helicopters were selected for use in the Rocky Mountain West because they had good High-Altitude capabilities for the time and could really get the job done payload wise. Their Safety Record with these was perfect! Terrific Pilots and Maintenance kept them flying and the Safety-Cultures of the organizations kept them safe for all those years flying in some of the most challenging terrain in all the world. They built the programs they were affiliated with and paved the way for what is out there today. I believe both programs used them into the very early 1990's. Flight For Life transitioned to the AStar B2, and Intermountain to the Agusta 109. Both Programs suffered their first accidents shortly after the transitions to new equipment. Rocky Mountain Helicopters was later bought out by AirMethods, and they continue to this day.

Thanks, I will have a look over the next few nights

anyway while i was waiting

The one pictured is N608RM - Built in 1964 as S/N 1166. There was its "Sister" ship N607RM S/N 1167 operated there too for a while. They were sequential Serial Numbers, and were bought by Rocky Mountain Helicopters and put into service with Flight For Life in the early 80's (If memory serves me) Rocky Mountain was a Provo based Helicopter operator.

Of interest, The Tiger Stripe Alouette in the Package is also related to this one. It too was owned by Rocky Mountain Helicopters and operated as an Air Ambulance in Salt Lake City, UT for Inter-Mountain Life
    Flight. These Helicopters were selected for use in the Rocky Mountain West because they had good High-Altitude capabilities for the time and could really get the job done payload wise. Their Safety Record with these was perfect! Terrific Pilots and Maintenance kept them flying and the Safety-Cultures of the organizations kept them safe for all those years flying in some of the most challenging terrain in all the world. They built the programs they were affiliated with and paved the way for what is out there today. I believe both programs used them into the very early 1990's. Flight For Life transitioned to the AStar B2, and Intermountain to the Agusta 109. Both Programs suffered their first accidents shortly after the transitions to new equipment. Rocky Mountain Helicopters was later bought out by AirMethods, and they continue to this day.
    sorry im going to go off the following photo as its provides the best details, do you want ski or wheels?

here is an Austrian Alouette 3 for a good repainter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 34463490560_0d7ca009ee_b.jpg   DSC_2942.jpg  

Boy, That's like seeing an old friend again...
    They flew with the Ski's on practically all the time. I'm sure you probably found some of the other photos to prove that. Will the model allow the ski's on without the winch?

The Details on N608RM are not complex. Let me Help....
    The Rocky Mountain Helicopters Logo - Above it... it says "We Serve Because We Care,"
    http://www.trademarkia.com/rocky-mou...-73735334.html

And then the "Flying Blood Clot" on the Intake Baffle/Cover...which I don't believe is modeled.
    http://www.villagerpublishing.com/wp...4758801867.jpg

Last but not least.... was the Alouette III logo on that bulge/cover in the center of the Nose. You have the Logo on the side of the one with 213 on the tail-boom. Some of the Ships had them, others didn't but it is in the Photo

Denver's Alouette III

I worked for Rocky Mountain Helicopters and worked on that first Alouette III we in Denver

Excellent work Matt - looking forward to your paints ..

ATB

Dirk

Cheers

Im going to knock over several mil schemes first then work on civil schemes

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    here is an Austrian Alouette 3 for a good repainter

pass, im too lazy or a good painter

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Thats a Civil registered of a fictional RAAF scheme, RAAF only used white ones and then got rid of them after the radiation cloud went away

Austrian Repaints are available from Avsim.com

Kind Regards

Dirk

Boy, That's like seeing an old friend again...
    They flew with the Ski's on practically all the time. I'm sure you probably found some of the other photos to prove that. Will the model allow the ski's on without the winch?
    to be honest, the font isnt correct, i couldnt get a good trace due to the angle in the image, so ive gone with a close as possible with one

anyway as suggested

Wow... That "Flight For Life" paint is Fantastic!!! Outstanding job on that... I know I am extremely Bias, but I think that is a great looking scheme on the Alouette. Is that available to Download yet? I can't wait to fly that around just to admire it!

thank you, i will send you a link in a day or 2, i wont be uploading these until the weekend

anyway, while im here

these 6 have been uploaded, please refer to http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/89432-Latest-works/page6

I will start some more tomorrow

Thanks a lot Matt - great job

Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 0