Nachtpiloten B-24 cockpit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nachtpiloten B-24 cockpit

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

ejection

Well it seems that there are several ejectionpart#_# that can be used, I see up to three. I think that they are hard coded into the game and allow you to tag several parts to be ejection activated. As Luca said the DO 335 has the pilot and associated cockpit pieces as well as the aft prop and tail section. So fun is to be had.

Also anyone know the difference between gauge_manifold_pressure and gauge_manifold_pressure_boost_indicator? Also,directional_gyro_needle, I suspect that these along with the lever_turbosupercharger, parking break and a few others were intended but never activated.

Oh the wasted potential......why did we never get CFS4

Learning new stuff all the time! Should put in the knowledge sticky!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    May never get a CFS4 but WOTR will be as close to that as possible ,i hope. Can't wait for its release. Don't mean to get too far off topic but your post made it hard to pass it up. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Not that I am aware of but you could easily disable the cockpit window animation with a hex editor.
    Thanks, but now I have a couple more questions:
    Is there a simple hex editor program that you recommend?
    How can I tell what entry to edit in the file?

If the answer is "you obviously don't know enough to attempt this" I would appreciate the honesty and would not consider it rude.
    Thanks.

This is the one I use.

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delph...vi32/xvi32.htm

The key to using this for me is to size it so the rows are 36 pairs wide (first few rows start at address 0, 24, 48, 6C, 90, etc.). This makes the repeating patterns that control the model lighting effects line up in columns so i can see the right place to edit.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by swpierce View Post
    Thanks, but now I have a couple more questions:

If the answer is "you obviously don't know enough to attempt this" I would appreciate the honesty and would not consider it rude.
    Thanks.
    Only one way to learn, prior knowledge is helpful but not required - just might take longer! I didn't have a clue about any of it till I tried, and it took a few tries before I did anything successfully.

Also, to the original question posed in this thread, being able to swap the starting state of the canopy parts (in your case, the gun positions) would be a solution, if it were found to be possible.

This pretty easy actually. I use the hex editor http://frhed.sourceforge.net/en/ but I don't do a lot of hex editing so I am not sure how it stacks up. You need to open up the B24 cockpit .m3d with your hex editor then use a search function to find "vc_canopy". Once you are at that entry , just visually scan higher up in the file for the entry "64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 13" and then overwrite the 13 with 00. Then search for the next "vc_canopy" entry and repeat til they are all edited. There are a couple of screenshots in this tread of the relevant hex entry's. At the end save the updated file. Make a backup before you start.

I never would have ever figured out to look for the entry "64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 13" and to overwrite the 13 with 00.
    I tried it and it worked. Just what I was looking for.

THANKS FOR THE INFO, everybody.

Was just thinking, how are landing gear indicator lights usually set up in the VC? Could this method be used to change when the red lights come on? Nearly every model has the red lights come on when the gear are moving, but it seems the majority of WWII aircraft had the red lights on when the gear were up.

Those lights are usually small meshes keyframe animated to be visible or hidden following a set amount of frames. What you are after should be something like keyframe 0=red light on top and green light hidden, keyframe 1-99=all lights hidden, keyframe 100=green light on top and red one hidden. Unless there's a newly found way of manipulating animation keyframes with a hex editor, you need the source files for that.
    Luca

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Would that be ejection_part0, Luca?
    For my P-47 project I went through the gmax CFS3 exporter with a hex editor this summer and made a list of all tags I encountered. The ejection tags are listed below. I didn't know what they were for but now that they start to make sense, I can perhaps put them to use...

ejection_part0
    ejection_part1
    ejection_part2
    ejection_part3

ejection0_part0
    ejection0_part1
    ejection0_part2
    ejection0_part3

ejection1_part0
    ejection1_part1
    ejection1_part2
    ejection1_part3