Matching airfield for Maraudering
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matching airfield for Maraudering

Matching airfield for Maraudering

Once you have Milton and team's Marauder in your hangar, you'll need somewhere to fly it from,

Matching USAAF st161 ( RAF Matching Green ) for FSX-Acc

Home of 391BG Marauders of the 9th USAAF from January to September 1944

You will need objects by IanP found here---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/fli...ect-libraries/

Download and install all three by Ian, Ted and Bill, as ive used objects from all.

Ive also included a basic traffic file using John Youngs FSX Martin Marauder AI, found at Avsim, look for jyai_b26_fsx_1.zip.
    Please bear in mind that the AI B26's are in the wrong unit markings for Matching, the aircraft represent the 323BG out of Earls Clone,
    and were originally made for Brian Clarks EC scenery for FS9, which i try'd to get working in FSX without much luck, figured it would
    be easyer to make up an airfield fresh. If anyone wants to have a go at repainting the 26's in 391BG markings, that would be great.

enjoy, cheers ian

Ian,

If you have any info on what squadrons were based there, I could knock up some paints for the AI B-26.
    I've been looking for something to get me back in the paintshop after 8 months of nothing FS related and
    this could be the project to do it. Atleast till they release PvP for Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

a quick look through my reference books mention's 572nd, 573rd, 574th, and 575th Bomb squadrons, a yellow or white triangle on the tail seems to be a standard feature on B26's with these units, and looking through Miltons Marauder thread, it looks like Duckie has already done a repaint for one of these units,

thanks ian

http://www.wartime-airfields.com/usa...ing-green.html

Ian, thanks for this one, but I'm afraid this triggered a bold request I would like to make.

Currently Milton as working on a FSX native version of the DB7 Boston/A-20 Havoc. The UK stationed Havocs could be found at Wethersfield
    http://www.416th.com/wethersfield.html

I already did a few repaint depicting aircraft based at Wethersfield. Perhaps you could make a suitable home for them....................
    I don't know whether it is possible to use the old Alphasim Boston as static scenery, but if possible I am available to make a suitable skin for them

Cheers,
    Huub

"Joker" from 647th BS, 410th BG, 9th AF, USAAF. The repaint shows the aircraft as it looked during summer 1944, when it was stationed at Wethersfield UK.

Didn't quite escape.
    I've got Little Walden on the board already (409th BG (Light)) and almost done. There's very little that I have, unfortunately, regarding their insignia and markings. The advantage of that particular group is that they flew both the A-20 and B-26

There's still a sort of backwater plan in my head to create a "RAF Sutton Craddock" as well, but that's not even really been thought through yet, let alone an appropriate bit of Yorkshire identified to put it on.

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    ...it looks like Duckie has already done a repaint for one of these units,

thanks ian
    Hi Ion, looking forward to someplace to park my B-26s! Just as an FYI, the 2 England based Marauders I'm working on are 494th and 495th BS, 344th BG, both based at Stansted, Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I already did a few repaint depicting aircraft based at Wethersfield...

"Joker" from 647th BS, 410th BG, 9th AF, USAAF. The repaint shows the aircraft as it looked during summer 1944, when it was stationed at Wethersfield UK.
    Huub, very nice job on the A-20, especially that "broken in" look! Look forward to seeing the others.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Here is the first one, not complete as there should be invasion stripes on top of wings. There is a mapping issue
    with the model on one side that warps the stripes, so for now I will leave them off. I still need to do some research
    on serials and squadron codes for the 391st BS. This one depicts an aircraft from the 575th.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

That's a good looking paint job and AI, Joe. That one would look pretty cool to have a couple boxes to formate on.
    Duckie

Looking great Joe, really grateful for your work

Ian, thanks for this one, but I'm afraid this triggered a bold request I would like to make.
    Cant promise anything at the moment Huub, im just finishing off another airfield, then im swapping out a Hard drive and reinstalling everything fresh, then im visiting Italy for most of Sept, A long term plan was a 1950's Weatherfield, updating an old FS9 i did years ago, for my Milvis F100, but i could start the construction work with a WW11 version, but it'll be the end of Oct before we see anything,

cheers ian

Didn't quite escape.
    Just for the record, Stansted is a no-go for WW2. It's too full of Ryanairs and Easyjets in peoples' AI files.

Ian P.

Just for the record, Stansted is a no-go for WW2. It's too full of Ryanairs and Easyjets in peoples' AI files.
    True enough , its irritatingly close to Matching and Little Walden, been trying to do some kind of an exclude, but my FSX kept freezing up, i may rework its ADE file just to get rid of the objects. Not a great fan of Stansted, their Automated Biometric passport checking machine's took a dislike to me and would'nt let me back into my own country last year, losing Stansted would give me a certain amount of satisfaction

Didn't quite escape.
    Maybe all the WW2 scenery designers should get and work together to try and create AI traffic for all the airfields we've created, so we can sack off the airliners forever?

I'm trying to get Little Walden finished, but will install your Matching as soon as I can!

Ian P.

Ian,
    I found a site with serials and codes for the 572th, 573th, 574th and 575th. I am going to do a mixture of OD/grey and metal finish
    a/c for a total of 10 for each squadron. 40 AI should bring the field to life. They will be generic unless I can find suitable profiles for
    specific a/c. (nose art)

Joe

40, wow, great work Joe, i only added 25 parking slots so i'll have to fire up ADEX and add a few more,

cheers ian

Didn't quite escape.
    Sorry to drag this off topic again, but Stansted... It turns out that I have an ARP for it in Delve's "Northern Home Counties" book... I may be able to scan that in and overlay it on the modern airport in ADE to place bits. Want me to blow away the low-cost carriers and put down the basic layout, as a test?

BTW, Little Walden had 54 parking spots at last count... - It's also... Well, yeah. The "B-26" aircraft based there might have been A-26s, which got re-designated at B-26s after WW2, then apparently back to A-26s because the Thais refused to base Bombers, but were happy to have Attack aircraft. At some point, they were apparently called A/B-26s, just to annoy me. But it looks like it wasn't a B-26 base after all, so I might have to do Stansted in protest.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Go for it Ian, more the merrier

Hi Ian,

I just downloaded Matching and the readme says to download "Download and install all three by Ian, Ted and Bill..." On the site, Ted has 6 libraries plus a texture library used for all 6. Is it necessary to download all 6 of Ted's libraries?

Steve

Apologies for initially misspelling your name!
    Duckie

I just downloaded Matching and the readme says to download "Download and install all three by Ian, Ted and Bill..." On the site, Ted has 6 libraries plus a texture library used for all 6. Is it necessary to download all 6 of Ted's libraries?
    I would say yes to that Steve, these objects are pretty much used in all of Ian's and my own scenery's including most of my cold war airfields in other parts of the world, once installed you should'nt have to worry about installing anything else.

A tip, ive made a folder titled Teds Objects containing another 2 folders, scenery and texture. all the bgl's go in the scenery folder and texture's in the texture folder. Move into Addon scenery and activate through scenery library and make sure its lower down the list of any scenery.

hope this helps, ian

This is a revised ADE file, increasing the parking from 25 to 50. back-up original then unzip and move into Matching-scenery folder----

cheers ian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    I would say yes to that Steve, these objects are pretty much used in all of Ian's and my own scenery's including most of my cold war airfields in other parts of the world, once installed you should'nt have to worry about installing anything else.

A tip, ive made a folder titled Teds Objects containing another 2 folders, scenery and texture. all the bgl's go in the scenery folder and texture's in the texture folder. Move into Addon scenery and activate through scenery library and make sure its lower down the list of any scenery.

hope this helps, ian
    Thanks for the quick reply, Ian, and will do.
    Duckie

Didn't quite escape.
    Grab the "All-in-One" scenery library file (http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-...nloade-filess/) - everything is in there in a nice little folder structure already.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Grab the "All-in-One" scenery library file (http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-...nloade-filess/) - everything is in there in a nice little folder structure already.

Cheers,

Ian P.
    Got 'em, Ian. Thanks for the H/U.

Steve
    Duckie

Here are a few pics of the first 10 a/c from the 575th. All a/c wear the proper serial code, but the squadron codes were lacking so I
    had to take some liberties, just a few are wearing the proper codes. Only Fifinella has nose art applied as I could not find any for the
    rest. All these a/c should be wearing full invasion markings but the way the wings are mapped it staggers across the front and will
    not line up. So without bugging John Young about maybe fixing the issue I will leave them off.
    It also looks like I will only do 30 a/c as the site i found in my research that list the 4 squadrons it only has 3 a/c listed for the 572nd.

Joe

Joe, those look great! Thanks.
    Duckie

Those look fantastic, thanks so much, but i think your missing some scenery objects, you've got Teds and Bills librarys installed but i think your missing Ian's objects, check to see if you have a "IJP FSX Library" in Addon-scenery and activated. cheers ian

Members who have read this thread: 1