OpenShade for P3D V4 (beta)

Thread: OpenShade for P3D V4 (beta)

OpenShade for P3D V4 (beta)

FYI

A new freeware alternative to PTA is being worked on. I have downloaded it, but have not had the opportunity to try it yet: https://github.com/LB767/OpenShade/releases

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

What is this and what does it do?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Idea is like PTA tool perhaps.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    An app that allows the end user to tweak/adjust/screw-up their P3dv4 shaders files. Basically, with this tool you can play with how your sim looks. I bought PTA a couple weeks ago, but I'm not having much luck with it. I'm underwhelmed at this point... hopefully I just need to get my head into it more.

OpenShade looks pretty nice. GUI is somewhat like PTA (not surprising... they do much the same thing). I haven't tried to create a shader tweak file yet (yeah, I'm just not ready to foul up how my sim looks... even with the original shaders backed-up). Too busy coming to grips with all the new sim (to me) has to offer to spend much time with shader files right now. But will definitely try OpenShade when that time comes (soon I hope).

At this point Open Shade looks like a pretty nice alternative to PTA! And the price is right too!

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Shaders just make the colors richer or darker? That's what "Shade" did for me in FSX but frankly I never could be bothered to start tweaking it.

What people all think of the dynamic lighting in P3D v4?

I can't make up mind whether having it on or off looks better. Usually I conclude "off" but then the VC's are darker so I put it back on. Also, my FSX portover aircraft all seem to have no VC lighting at all when switching the lights on and off.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1