FSXBA Hornet (ver. 17.30)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSXBA Hornet (ver. 17.30)

Wow it looks quite good !
    I had tried one of the previous versions but there was too much things missing at that time, it was a bit too soon to enjoy the plane, but it was also easy to guess this was going to become something impressive.
    They are also converting it to P3Dv4 soon, that's good news.

Thanks for HU. Previous versions where good I thought but this looks like a significant step forward.

Matt

Cool! The stores manager is a much needed addition.

And the missing station load weights sound like a quick XMLTools fix.

I'm about to fire up FSX just to load this Hornet up. I spoke with Jimi a while back and was tremendously impressed with this project and what he and the others have learned and completed.
    May just jump on TS and see if the guys are flying too. Been a while since I got in the Sim.

I'm guessing this doesn't work with P3D v4 - it installed just fine, but I was able to fly it backwards, so I'm guessing something doesn't work with v4 here :P

should this news be stickified..? I got it and it is excellent..I only like the legacy Hornet so this is a win !
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Interesting, I have installed in P3D v4 but didn't notice any flying backwards. Love the Afterburners. Using the gauge restorer in the thread with the download seemed to work quite well also. I am continuing to test but so far it flies very well in P3D v4 for me. I have made several traps on carriers as well. Flying backwards? Hope you get that sorted out.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Seems to hang while doing installation. is this for OS 64 bit or 32 bit windows OS? It just hangs at the last line -no restart?

It only SEEMS to hang at that step. It LOOKS like it's stopped, and/or locked up. But it's not. Just let it go. Go get a cuppa, step outside for a few, have a ham-n-cheese sammich, whatever. Just leave it alone. It will finish, I promise. It can appear stopped for up to 15 or 20 min, but then it finishes up.
    This is a well known issue with the auto-installer. It's the Microsoft MSI that installs the required VC Redistributable library. Again, just leave it alone till it's done. If you DL the MSI seperately, and try to install, the exact same thing happens. It looks locked, but it's still working.
    Trust me, I used to work for the government...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I wonder if this is/will be available anywhere else ? Google downloads have never worked for me - I just get sent around a loop and back to where I started from . I am logged in

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    It only SEEMS to hang at that step. It LOOKS like it's stopped, and/or locked up. But it's not. Just let it go. Go get a cuppa, step outside for a few, have a ham-n-cheese sammich, whatever. Just leave it alone. It will finish, I promise. It can appear stopped for up to 15 or 20 min, but then it finishes up.
    This is a well known issue with the auto-installer. It's the Microsoft MSI that installs the required VC Redistributable library. Again, just leave it alone till it's done. If you DL the MSI seperately, and try to install, the exact same thing happens. It looks locked, but it's still working.
    Trust me, I used to work for the government...
    Pat☺

Would I uninstall the old one before installing this one Pat - or just install over it?
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Interesting, I have installed in P3D v4 but didn't notice any flying backwards. Love the Afterburners. Using the gauge restorer in the thread with the download seemed to work quite well also. I am continuing to test but so far it flies very well in P3D v4 for me. I have made several traps on carriers as well. Flying backwards? Hope you get that sorted out.
    I tried it in V4 and I get FSC Fail in red across the middle of the HUD and the FMC's don't work
    The FMC's is understandably as its calling for the default acceleration Hornets gauge file FA-18.dll which is 32 bit.
    Its also using dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau but thats fixable now ther'es a 64 bit version available
    and I assume that HornetFCS.dll is also 32 bit, there is a file called HornetFCS64.dll in the panel folder that's not used but editing the panel config to use that instead of HornetFCS.dll didn't fix the FSC Fail warning.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Would I uninstall the old one before installing this one Pat - or just install over it?
    Recommend removing the previous model completely. As the 2 seater is tied to the older version, I would just remove as well.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Recommend removing the previous model completely. As the 2 seater is tied to the older version, I would just remove as well.

Cheers. Wilco.

-----

Later that day...

Got it all installed. Lovely aircraft and love the changes.

Can anyone provide a quick HU for this? I got it with the old one as well. I'm running Steve's DX10 Fixer and have converted effects after the install.

Black squares around the exhaust smoke. She seem excessively smokey as well.

I'll post over on Steve's Avsim support thread but maybe somebody here has already fixed this.

Cheers guys.

Last edited by Ganter; August 28th, 2017 at 09:43.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Sorry to ask, I just wonder how to reinstall because I can't find a reinstaller. Thank's for help because this bird is a biggie....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    The old one which? The plane or the VC Redist?
    Actually, either one, just install right over whatever "old one" you mean. I never uninstalled the old redist when installing a new version, and never had any trouble. Same for the plane.
    HOWEVER: If you have the v16.1 version of the plane, and install the new one, you will have a small problem with duplicate plane names. IE: A number of the variations in the v16.1 are duplicated. I just make a small change to two lines in the new version, thus:

[fltsim.9]
    title=FA-18C - NASA Test Plane 852 17.1.30
    sim=FA-18_17.1
    model=Tactical
    panel=Fleet
    sound=
    texture=NASA_TestPlane_852
    kb_checklists=boeing_FA18_check
    kb_reference=boeing_FA18_ref
    atc_id=NASA 852
    atc_airline=Navy
    atc_flight_number=002
    atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
    atc_parking_codes=F18
    ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
    ui_type="F/A-18C Hornet"
    ui_variation="NASA Test Plane 852 17.1.30 "
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
    ui_createdby="FSX Blue Angels"
    description="The Hornet combines the ruggedness required of carrier-borne
    aircraft with speed and superior agility, especially at high angles of attack.
    Its powerful engines, canted vertical stabilizers, horizontal stabilators, large
    leading- and trailing-edge flaps, and sophisticated flight control system all
    contribute to a level of performance that makes the Hornet a versatile front-
    line fighter in several air forces around the world."

Notice the added phrase 17.1.30 on the lines title= and variation=
    It takes a bit of copy-n-pasting, but I like to keep some older versions around for various reasons, so it's well worth it.
    Also, if you choose to keep the old plane installed to compare with, this method will let you know at a glance which one is which, new or old.

The FMC's is understandably as its calling for the default acceleration Hornets gauge file FA-18.dll which is 32 bit.
    P3d doesn't come with the FA-18.dll. You need to copy it from an FSX installation to the ...\P3D\Gauges folder.
    I am pretty sure the HornetFCS64 is included for P3D v4 installations, but I may well be wrong. I'll check with Jimi and Orion (who wrote it anyway).

Enjoy all, I sure am!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

What's the download size for the new package, by the way? I'm on a metered connection here.

An can one of the mods maybe edit dmaloof's post?
    My index finger cramped up trying to scroll past it and the information displayed doesn't contain any indication of a problem anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    What's the download size for the new package, by the way? I'm on a metered connection here.

An can one of the mods maybe edit dmaloof's post?
    My index finger cramped up trying to scroll past it and the information displayed doesn't contain any indication of a problem anyway.
    Post edited.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

The size is 697MB.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Post edited.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    The size is 697MB.
    YIKES! My daily allotment is 500 MB.

A split into a base pack and a livery collection would be nice, but I guess you can't have everything.

YIKES! My daily allotment is 500 MB.

A split into a base pack and a livery collection would be nice, but I guess you can't have everything.
    It may be possible to pause and resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    It may be possible to pause and resume.
    The 500 MB are my personal daily "soft" limit, not a hard one set by my provider. I could, in fact, use up all my 15 gigs in a single day, but then I'd be stuck with 1 MBit capped speed (instead of 42 mbit) for the remainder of the month. Absolutely acceptable in 2003, but not 2017 with all the 4k images and HD videos (which I have to avoid like the plague at the moment) across the web.

Installed and working fine in FSX, and with Spanish Air Force textures, which is the only one missing operator in the package.
    Its is great to be able to arm and select weapons in the screen.
    Magnificent job!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Manual?

Can anyone please tell me where I can locate the manual for this bird.

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0