FSXBA Hornet (ver. 17.30) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FSXBA Hornet (ver. 17.30)

Corvette99
    For some reason in P3D V4 the only screen that works on the 2 top MFDs is the arms page , and nothing works on the center lower one . Any ideas ?
    Do you have the file F-18.dll, that came with FSX, installed in your P3D\Gauges folder? If not, you need to copy it from FSX\Gauges over to P3D\Gauges.
    Did you allow the auto-install program to install the .NET Framework file?

Wings of Gold
    Hi Pat,

I have both the 15.6 FA-18D Clean and Training working now. Couple of quick questions: What is the difference between the two?
    The Training version has the launchers on the wings and the centerline fuel tank. More fuel available, more weight and drag. The Clean version has neither of those. Less fuel on board, less weight and drag to the plane.

I see the same BA VC, and have the same configuration.
    They should have had the Fleet version of the VC, not the BA version. No big stop-watch in the top center of the UFC, no inverted fuel tank extension, or indicators. If not, check the panel aliasing in the aircraft.cfg file. It should point to the C model Training version Panel.Fleet folder. Which I trust you have installed.
    If by "configuration" you mean they LOOK the same externally, then they're both using the same model file. Should be one for clean, and a different one for Training.

Is it possible to add external stores to either?
    No. With the V15.6, each configuration has an entirely different folder. They are on the same page (62) you downloaded the Clean, Training, and C Model Training version from. But I think that's only for the C model versions. I might be wrong on that, though.

Just switch to the FA-18C-D Tackpack version if I want to have the ability to alter the F-18D configuration? Manual? Otherwise both look just fine.
    I don't have TacPac, so I have no idea about anything having to do with it. Sorry about that...
    If I read the question right, and you mean the v17.1.31, then yes, that's the only way to be able to change the armament configurations without changing planes entirely, like with the v15.6. With the v17.1.31, shft+7 calls up the configuration gauge.

Hope I covered everything for as many folks as I could!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

[QUOTE=PhantomTweak;1102324]Do you have the file F-18.dll, that came with FSX, installed in your P3D\Gauges folder? If not, you need to copy it from FSX\Gauges over to P3D\Gauges.
    Did you allow the auto-install program to install the .NET Framework file?

Yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Hey Bill
    Are those only the 2-seater v15.6's that you downloaded and installed? If so, you need to DL and install the 1-seater, or C Model Training version to get all the "stuff". The alias notations refer to that, not the 2-seater, or D model, Training version. The C model Training will have the .air file, and the panel folders/files you need. Look in the same post, up at the top of the list of downloads for it. It's the one marked Training (required): . This was when Jimi was first learning how to consolidate folders to make the install over-all take up less room on the HD, using aliasing. The v17.1.31 is a great example of how well he's learned to by now.
    Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    I installed the v15.6 C for the required bits and then both the v15.6 D clean and training. I can select either C or D of mostly the same schemes. But the D's all have a blue cockpit in spot view. Looks like only blue bump maps are being displayed. Cockpit looks fine once inside. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSXBA FA-18C and FA-18D.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	53878

I installed the v15.6 C for the required bits and then both the v15.6 D clean and training. I can select either C or D of mostly the same schemes. But the D's all have a blue cockpit in spot view. Looks like only blue bump maps are being displayed. Cockpit looks fine once inside. Any suggestions?
    Yes. That's a long time, well known problem with the D model versions. They didn't correct them, if I remember correctly, because they were only going on with the C model for this project. They pretty much just abandoned the D model to history, and focused exclusively on the C model.
    Not the best answer, I'm afraid, but the best I can give. I am NOT good at ALL with paints, believe me. I have all the artistic talent of a large rock. So I can't recommend any corrective action. But that's the best answer I can give...

Corvette: I suggest you read and follow this post by Jimi: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...html#msg117227
    I think that may solve your problems. You just need to download the file linked in that post (just above Jimi's sig) and follow instructions 1-4 shown above that for what to DO with it

Good luck, fair skies, and following winds (except on take-off and landing!), to all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Pat: I have done the exact same thing that Fsafranek did (he and I are even using the EXACT same downloads),
    but my FA-18D's look perfect (no blue textures in the cockpit). If I see great textures, and he doesn't, what is he missing? Anybody?

Bill

I haven't a clue, Bill.
    Could it have to do with a graphics setting? Either a slider or a more obscure FSX.cfg setting? Maybe something in Nvidea Inspector?
    I've seen the same situation in the FSDT forums about it, but I can't recall, nor find, any real solution. There may be something I'm missing though.
    I stayed with the updated versions, so, like them, I moved on from the D model.
    I was working on the flaps settings and values, lift and drag settings in the .air file, weight and balance (took a lot of research into load-outs!), landing gear values, tail hook values, trying to figure out the engine values in the .air file, and other fun stuff. Paints are totally beyond me, I'm afraid. It looks good, or not, to me. If I like it, I use it, if not, I ignore it

Sorry I'm not more help on this...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Not a big deal, but was surprised when I downloaded/installed the most recent FSXBA Hornet that the Lo-Viz VFA-106 was not among the repaints. VFA-125, along with 106, were the RAG Hornet squadrons. I know VRS has this paint, but so far, not FSXBA. NC

Hey, Chief,
    You might want to look again. A gentleman screenamed KEA just released some new paints. They're for the v18.3 just released today, but they should work nicely on the v17.whatever.
    Go to the thread and look on the last page, down near the bottom.

Here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...html#msg124159

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

I just wish this aircraft could be packaged in a simple, no frills, no weapons, no tacpack airshow 'Blue Angels' only repaint for the thousands of FSX SP1 and 2 users who do not have the Acceleration addon. Perhaps Jimi could do one ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

I'm sorry, Mzee, but no acceleration, no HornetFCS.dll. Thus, no plane. You can install it, but you'll get a FCS Failure message, and most, if not all, of the FCS functions will not work. Essentially, it's unflyable in this condition.

You might be able to use the models to populate an airport, but that's about it.

Sorry...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

There's always Steam Edition...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    There's always Steam Edition...
    So what you're saying is - buy and download FSX SE and somehow use the HornetFCS.dll file found within .... in my FSX SP1&2 ?

I will soon be migrating over to a brand new system running P3D, so I don't really want to make any major, tedious changes to my existing FSX with the ton of scenery and AC addons it currently has installed. The FSXBA Blue Angels Hornet 'manually' flies well in my current setup, except for the very annoying red 'FCS Fail' message in the HUD background. All gauges are 'on' and populated with info as they should be, including the active HUD display.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

OK, so after reading through many posts over at the FSDreamTeam site, I found out essentially two files are needed for full AC functionality in FSX SP1&2 :

1) F-18.dll (found in FSX-SE, Gold,or Acceleration), and

2) HornetFCS.dll (found as part of the FSXBA Hornet V18.3 FSX package - in Panel.Fleet folder).

My question, ...... where do these above 2 files go in FSX once I have both ? ... ie... What folders for what file ?

Thank-you,
    MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

1) Goes in the main Gauges folder of FSX.

2) May remain in the Panel.Fleet folder. Make certain, as mentioned above it's the right version. The one for FSX is 75 kb, and the one for P3Dv4+ is 109 kb.

I am not certain, however, that the plane will fly correctly in FSX SP1&SP2. I think, rarely, but I DO think occaisionally, that the Acceleration update is needed to make everything work at all, let alone correctly. Something about FSX.exe itself.

But I may well be wrong. I frequently am...

Does this help?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Don't forget that FSX SP2 does not support some new AIR file tables introduced for Acceleration (e.g. 154a), which means that aircraft performance will differ from what the authors intended to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    1) Goes in the main Gauges folder of FSX.

2) May remain in the Panel.Fleet folder. Make certain, as mentioned above it's the right version. The one for FSX is 75 kb, and the one for P3Dv4+ is 109 kb.

I am not certain, however, that the plane will fly correctly in FSX SP1&SP2. I think, rarely, but I DO think occaisionally, that the Acceleration update is needed to make everything work at all, let alone correctly. Something about FSX.exe itself.

But I may well be wrong. I frequently am...

Does this help?
    Pat☺
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Don't forget that FSX SP2 does not support some new AIR file tables introduced for Acceleration (e.g. 154a), which means that aircraft performance will differ from what the authors intended to provide.
    Thanks, guys.

Pat, that's what I thought re the gauge placements, but just wanted a confirmation.

Bjoern, this particular jet is very agile and fast in my FSX and handles like it's on rails. I don't know how it flies in real life, but I'm happy with it's performance in sim.

I think the F-18.dll file is key to unlocking many of the systems and gauges.
    Cheers, MZee ...

I think the F-18.dll file is key to unlocking many of the systems and gauges.
    I think you may be right.
    Alternatively, you can just wait until you are up and running on P3D and fly it that way. Probably the easiest way to get done what you desire, not counting FSX:SE, of course.

This plane does utilize table 154a, BTW, so, as Bjoern mentioned, Acceleration may be necessary. Just a note.

Best of luck to you. This plane, to me, has been a real joy
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0