CFS3 further expansion

Thread: CFS3 further expansion

Hybrid View

CFS3 further expansion

Subject asks the question. Falcon 4 which I still play has a new expansion called BMS with new versions and theaters available. CFS 2 is still improving with new campaigns still being developed. My question what is happening to CFS3? Is there an ETO 1.6 or campaigns to Rising Sun or PTO or campaigns to MAW ? Just wondering Brian

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    There are some new aircraft in the works for CFS3 but that is all i've heard about.There is a new CFS3 based sim coming out fairly soon called Wings Over The Reich by OBD . It has been said that it will be very good. WOTR will be payware but if WOFF is any indication it will be worth it. Waiting with baited breath. Possibility out later this year. I love Falcon 4.0 BMS and Flaming Cliffs also. Mainly been into Il-2 1946 VP modpack and BAT lately and am flying in CFS3 less as time goes by. In BAT you can fly WWI to modern jets all in one sim. Il-2 '46 is progressing rapidly now with a lot of interest at the moment. You can find out more at M4T and SAS1946 websites. Hope this helps. Still enjoy CFS3 and this is the best place to learn all about it. Regards,Scott

Indeed CFS 3 is gradually being replaced by other flight sims in the heart of the players. I still remember playing stuff like Microprose F 117 and BoM 1942 and sooner or later this would happen with CFS3. And IL2 BaT seems to be unbeatable in every regards, theaters, skins, eras, everything. Although CFS3 is still the best choice for a WW2 European map and it is possible to fly from Dover to the north of Italy in a single mission if you want - in real time if you´re are mad enough to - something that no flight sim at all can deliver still today. Wo t Reich will eventually become the real CFS 3 successor OBD guys are awesome in their job and Woff proved it - no mistakes.

SOH-CM-2020
    In terms of a campaign for MAW, I have a working campaign starting in Sicily in august 1943. However, I have made so many tweaks to MAW to get it running smoothly that it is not worth releasing the campaign file on its own. What I have been toying with is a slimmed down, stand-alone version of MAW to enable combat in late 1943. Releasing something like that is problematic, as it probably contravenes the original terms of use for MAW 1.31, not too sure if I can ever release it.

There are some nice models for the later stages of the MAW theatre (think latest Spit VII - VIII package, Early Typhoons package, Beaufort package, Fulmar package, Kittyhawks, etc etc) that are crying out for use in the toolbox, but MAW in it's current form with African skins for vehicles and aircraft, is only set up for around 1940-41 - especially the spawn sets.

Once I have it working reliably, I will put the question out as there are a few of the original MAW team around, to see if they'd mind a small stand-alone release for 1943 Sicily-Italy campaign.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    That would be a great add on for MAW. Would be very interested in such a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    In terms of a campaign for MAW, I have a working campaign starting in Sicily in august 1943. However, I have made so many tweaks to MAW to get it running smoothly that it is not worth releasing the campaign file on its own. What I have been toying with is a slimmed down, stand-alone version of MAW to enable combat in late 1943. Releasing something like that is problematic, as it probably contravenes the original terms of use for MAW 1.31, not too sure if I can ever release it.

There are some nice models for the later stages of the MAW theatre (think latest Spit VII - VIII package, Early Typhoons package, Beaufort package, Fulmar package, Kittyhawks, etc etc) that are crying out for use in the toolbox, but MAW in it's current form with African skins for vehicles and aircraft, is only set up for around 1940-41 - especially the spawn sets.

Once I have it working reliably, I will put the question out as there are a few of the original MAW team around, to see if they'd mind a small stand-alone release for 1943 Sicily-Italy campaign.
    Seems great, those are wonder full news. MAW was never completed with a "Chapter two" and your release could very well fix it.

MAW be wonderful its works great for me , with addons and pissing around with shaders and all clouds ,,,,,,etc......... also once this new pay version out ,,,, they talk about . will the battle of britain be part of or separate for advanced purchase...cfs3

Members who have read this thread: 1