CFS3 further expansion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFS3 further expansion

You can have my new Spitfire IXs for MAW if you like. I'll put their release on hold so they can be specific new material for this. The Mk IX was heavily used in 1943 in the Med, despite the introduction of the Mk VIII, so having both would be right.

Also if you need specific squadrons - ie, skins - for Spitfire IXs and Bf109Gs, let me know. I can also do Bostons and Marauders to order!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

My P-40F/L series is also available, more skins can be made if necessary.

SOH-CM-2020

Thank You

Wow, what can I say? It is very exciting and gratifying to see the wonderful aircraft being offered for this project. With the blessing of Ndicki, Bravo/4, sdsbolt, and greycap.raf, the initial set of 1943 era aircraft will be impressive.

I am a bit worried about managing expectations, however. This will be a bare bones, functional stand-alone for the 1943 era of the Mediterranian Theatre. I will struggle to even get a good looking splash screen (though I will give it a go), let alone UI music!

And the frustration of inert ship formations continues. Last week about 50% of formations were inactive, this week its more like 80% .

Some questions - who worked on ships which need permissions? Some were GC, but there are a host of Italian ships, one or two would be good to co-opt, like Zara. It would be a feasible scanario for the Nazis to commandeer some Italian Navy vessels.

Ditto for vehicles - the Grants probably never made it to Italy but what about Flakvierlings, etc? Would permissions be required for some of the "bespoke" vehicles?

Italian ships were courtesy of Corrado, he's a member here! BTW, don't forget Italian planes, in '43 Regia Aeronautica saw a lot of action until the armistice. Macchi 202/205, G.55 and Re.2005 were all used in defense of the peninsula against allied bombings. Too bad we don't have a Re.2002, that would have been the icing on the cake.
    Luca

And too bad the G.55 didn't quite get finished, probably my favorite Italian aircraft. On the other hand, there's now a Ba.65, or had those phased out or been used up by that point?

All sounds very exciting! Am incredulous and sad that someone has done that to cfs3 files...I'd rather put them in an NBC proof bunker!! Ecouragement to all.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    And too bad the G.55 didn't quite get finished, probably my favorite Italian aircraft. On the other hand, there's now a Ba.65, or had those phased out or been used up by that point?
    Yeah, I still hate myself for not adopting the source files when I had the chance to. Ba.65's were less than mediocre planes, not to mention butt ugly. I think they were all retired from active service by the first half of '41 (too late still).
    Luca

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

anti shipping in MAW

don't forget these (A6 & A17 Ju88)

http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline...luftwaffe.html

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Haven't played MAW in a while. Have so many combat flight sims it's hard to play them all. MAW is a great one and i'll give it a whirl again. IL-2 '46 is currently taking up most of my time now,(5 installs),and while it is great CFS3 still is interesting to me.Have 9 installs of CFS3 and all preform flawlessly and are very immersive. Some things you can do with CFS3 you can't do in others and vice versa. Any news on a updated version of Pat Pattle's CFS3-BoB expansion ? My favorite CFS3 install along with the ETO expansion. Been waiting for quite some time on this one.Any news?Have a pre-release version and it's great . Just need more missions for it to make it the best expansion for CFS3! Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Aha, and there I was, using the A14! Thanks I will check these out.

Blog Entries
    Hope all gets sorted out with MAW 1943 . Would be a great addition to CFS3. Some say the BoB is too narrow in scope but i find it a very interesting part of WWII. Enjoy Just Flight's BoB,ETO-BoB and Pat's BoB very interesting along with BoB II WoV .

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Hope all gets sorted out with MAW 1943 . Would be a great addition to CFS3. Some say the BoB is too narrow in scope but i find it a very interesting part of WWII. Enjoy Just Flight's BoB,ETO-BoB and Pat's BoB very interesting along with BoB II WoV .
    Hi sixstrings5859,

I totally agree, the 1943 era for the Mediterranean theatre can hold attention for quite a while! And now there are a host of new aircraft, which most if not all of the model makers have very kindly allowed to be incorporated into a stand alone package, as the posts above attest. I have been flying in this era of MAW for most of the year and still find it engaging, despite the frustrations of trying to get the package to run smoothly.

As a progress update, the shell explosion artifacts problem has been solved. However the ship formations spawned in a campaign mission still do not perform consistently - sometimes they sit dead in the water and do not fire upon enemy aircraft.

And real life has intruded for a bit - I have developed cellulitis of the knee which is going to take a week or two to come right. Most annoying when there is so much goodwill expressed towards preparing this stand alone era-specific version of MAW.

Blog Entries
    Sorry about your real-time problems and hope you will mend soon. MAW 1943 has much to be appreciated .Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0