Raikkonen Confirmed at Ferrari for 2018

Thread: Raikkonen Confirmed at Ferrari for 2018

Raikkonen Confirmed at Ferrari for 2018

"37-year-old Finnish star Kimi Raikkonen has secured a new one year extension to his current Ferrari deal, keeping the driver in Scuderia red for his eighth year with the team.
    Raikkonen's performances have been much improved this season, and with his apparently strong working relationship with team leader Sebastian Vettel seen as an asset to Ferrari, it is perhaps not unexpected to see the driver extend his stay with the championship leading squad.
    Raikkonen has currently completed in 122 Grand Prix for the Prancing Horse, placing him in third position on the all-time list of appearances with the Scuderia, just behind now Williams driver Felipe Massa on 139 and German legend Michael Schumacher with 179 Ferrari Grand Prix appearances.
    2018 will mark his fifth consecutive season following a return to Formula One with Lotus in 2012, however Räikkönen is yet to secure a race victory in his second stint with team. The last race victory for Kimi Räikkönen was at the 2013 Australian Grand Prix, driving for Lotus Renault."
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Kinda figured they would. Two reasons, he follows team orders and Vettel likes him. They weren't going with a young gun that might challenge Vettel. Maybe in a year or two but right now Ferrari believes he's still fast enough to win a championship. IMO

Icon2

Which is really interesting since Max said his future depends on a winning car from Red Bull....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Which is really interesting since Max said his future depends on a winning car from Red Bull....
    Maybe he should learn to make haste slowly......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Maybe he should learn to make haste slowly......
    Agreed!
    And especially since he hasn't truly dominated over Ricciardo...

Members who have read this thread: 0