Another 64 bit flight sim...

Thread: Another 64 bit flight sim...

Another 64 bit flight sim...

...and their video shows some FsX aircraft ported over and various gauge technologies will be allowed: http://www.flyinside-flightsim.com/
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    Looks like a VR flight sim...
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

They've concentrated on VR in the recent past but this can be VR or Screens.

It looks VERY interesting indeed. If you take the survey they're recruiting Betas. We should have our say from SOH about MIL integration.

Looks promising, and I especially like the idea of 32 bit compatibility which will allow us to go on using our old favourites with the gauges still working.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Using the stuff ya got

I looked yesterday at a few of the promo videos on utube and it does look nice. I was especially impressed with the city background which looks like a REAL city of many high-rise buildings etc. Not just a few landmarks like the default FS's have been. My computer though new to me is Windows 7 64 bit but not powerful enough to run the new versions of P3D so I am still using my FSX Acceleration and loving it with many add on's. I didn't notice to me a whole lot of difference in the countryside scenery between FSX-P3D-FSW; but maybe that was just my observation.

If FSW will allow using all the FSX stuff I've got and not have to buy a lot of new airplanes and airports I would be for it. If like so many other developers who make everything you have obsolete like much of FS9 stuff is to FSX, then I will continue to fly happily on FSX-A. IMHO. The price is surely right. What are its requirements computer-wise. I didn't see that or i might have missed them.

This sounds too good to be true, but in any case: No (initial) ATC capability -> no interest.

If all the A2A planes that I have will work in this, I would be interested in trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    This sounds too good to be true, but in any case: No (initial) ATC capability -> no interest.

Patience friend. They mention ATC integration in the Promo Vid.

I say, let them nail full-on, absolute Flight Dynamics (sadly lacking in EVERY sim - (Yes, including you lot in P3D V4 - "It still flies on rails")),
    RW Weather, and Eye-Candy Scenery - then we'll start pestering them about the bits and pieces; in your case; ATC.

I say "Go!"; I think this is a goer. I'm excited. But that's me at default when it comes to a new Sim. And, lets face it; this is a curve ball - so it won't stop the Avsim P3D Fanboys from slamming it down - but, I think it's going to hit the mark.

Best of luck to them at Flyinside.

I'm ready for a whole new approach to Flight Simming. I WANT it. I NEED it.
    The last time I spent money on a core Flight Sim software (Addons aside, of course) was eight years ago (FSX Deluxe + Acc) - No one's convinced me to part with my hard-earned since then. I reckon this lot have a chance.

This could be just what we have been waiting for. If they get it right it's going to blow everything else out of the water.

And, I really hope it does.

Ganter

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Patience friend. They mention ATC integration in the Promo Vid.

I say, let them nail full-on, absolute Flight Dynamics (sadly lacking in EVERY sim - (Yes, including you lot in P3D V4 - "It still flies on rails")),
    RW Weather, and Eye-Candy Scenery - then we'll start pestering them about the bits and pieces; in your case; ATC.
    FDEs, eye candy and real weather are all part of AeroX-Planepar3dgearworld, so screw that.
    A good and efficient ATC and AI system makes or breaks a civilian flight sim, so if they want to stick out, they should put a focus right there.

And it can't be that a 15+ year old, basically unchanged, ATC and AI system is still the benchmark among much, much newer sims which simulate things down to the last rivet, vortex or electron. Same for current combat flight sims. Worthless without a dynamic campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    FDEs, eye candy and real weather are all part of AeroX-Planepar3dgearworld, so screw that.
    A good and efficient ATC and AI system makes or breaks a civilian flight sim, so if they want to stick out, they should put a focus right there.

And it can't be that a 15+ year old, basically unchanged, ATC and AI system is still the benchmark among much, much newer sims which simulate things down to the last rivet, vortex or electron. Same for current combat flight sims. Worthless without a dynamic campaign.

Yes, you're right and I agree. Proper ATC and AI are what will convince me to fly - in particular AI in MIL Combat.

But that won't be the wonderland it is without having first created RW Weather injection, Flight Dynamics that make you air sick and the eye candy that breaks the needle on the immersion-o-meter.

Ganter
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I agree that it

This could be a great new flightsim. I was so excited when P3D was announced and then so disappointed. At the time I had a five year old Dell desktop which was built for FSX but got old quick. My problem with P3D is it takes way too much computer to run. My fear is that this will be the same problem so even though I have a brand new laptop with W7 it does not have enough guts for P3D V3 much less V4. Also Flyinside needs to be able to port over the $100s of FSX add-ons we all have spent our money on these past years with new ones still coming out for FSX. I agree with those who say give them a chance and THEN see what comes out of the box before ya all start picking it apart. Nothing is worse to a developer. Constructive criticism is one thing , it helps a lot, but not nitpicking something to death when its still in development stages.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    This could be a great new flightsim. I was so excited when P3D was announced and then so disappointed. At the time I had a five year old Dell desktop which was built for FSX but got old quick. My problem with P3D is it takes way too much computer to run. My fear is that this will be the same problem so even though I have a brand new laptop with W7 it does not have enough guts for P3D V3 much less V4. Also Flyinside needs to be able to port over the $100s of FSX add-ons we all have spent our money on these past years with new ones still coming out for FSX. I agree with those who say give them a chance and THEN see what comes out of the box before ya all start picking it apart. Nothing is worse to a developer. Constructive criticism is one thing , it helps a lot, but not nitpicking something to death when its still in development stages.

That's the nail hit on the head.

I would love a new Sim to come along; not have to spend several thousand pounds to run it and be able to take off from here; with the rest of the guys coming with me to beat up the bad guys...

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 0