My Ttools only opens 2 of the 3 source files.

Thread: My Ttools only opens 2 of the 3 source files.

My Ttools only opens 2 of the 3 source files.

I have the 3 source files in the Ttools folder, I click on one and all 3 get selected, but when I click on compile, only the 2 files load and the 3rd one does not.

And I get this message:

"ERROR:Unable to open output file C\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\Scenery\traffic_TEMP"

This is very frustrating as I want to make an AI Traffic file and can't.

I uninstalled Ttools and reinstalled it a couple of times, no luck--I get the same problem.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any help please?

Nick

Check that all the airports in your flightplans are in the Airports.txt file, that should be it.
    Had same recently when trying to compile with an airport that was not in the database.

ttfn

Pete

Thanks Motormouse,

Will do.

That file name ending in _TEMP doesn't seem right. I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling that there's something wrong there...

Hi,

TTools is probably telling you it can't create a temp file in that folder, because it doesn't have permission to write inside a Program Files subfolder. Very common - Windows protects anything within a Program Files folder (that's why the common advice to install FS OUTSIDE any Program Files folder.

Things you can do:

1. Right click TTools and choose Run As Administrator
    2. Give yourself full admin privileges to the FS folder or even the Program Files folder (if Windows will let you).
    3. Compile the traffic BGL file to the Desktop instead of its default location.
    4. Uninstall and reinstall FS9 and all FS utilities programs outside any Program Files folder.

Members who have read this thread: 0