Weapons effect developers.

Thread: Weapons effect developers.

Weapons effect developers.

I'm wondering if any weapons effect developers know who first developed cannon/machine gun effects..? I'm trying to see how these effects can be turned 180* in order to allow turret and tail gunner stations to be enhanced.

I hope by asking a broader audience to get a response.
    (I am also trying FSDeveloper as well)

Thanks...

AFAIK, you can 'aim' an effect in any three axis direction you please, but it's direction fixed in the fx file description of the effect. If you want to swivel it around dynamically, you'll have to create an attach point in your model to an object that can be moved then attach the effect to that object. Im not at my computer this instant so I can't tell you specifically which parameter to alter the particle direction in the fx file.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    AFAIK, you can 'aim' an effect in any three axis direction you please, but it's direction fixed in the fx file description of the effect. If you want to swivel it around dynamically, you'll have to create an attach point in your model to an object that can be moved then attach the effect to that object. Im not at my computer this instant so I can't tell you specifically which parameter to alter the particle direction in the fx file.
    I've looked at the effect file but am missing what parameters are needed to turn it 180.
    For now it would be a static direction.

Have you got the effect document ?

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/Learni...l_effects.html

I think you need to alter the emitter orientation; bank, heading or pitch value to aim you gun.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Members who have read this thread: 0