question?

Thread: question?

question?

Anyone having problems with artifacts with ftx vector in central tokyo? ie RJTT and surrounds

if I disable the vector folders it goes away and vice versa

Ive narrowed it down to that by disabling all folders and then slowly enabling each scenery.cfg

If I slew around once im away from the main centre of the CBD it ceases

I've been running FTX Vector in P3D v4 and have noticed some unusual activity in some scenery textures (they seem to be out of place, but will then be replaced after some passage of time). I've not nailed down the exact issue, but I think there is some conflict between Vector and something else. I currently have Vector maxed, so I'm going to turn down Vector features and see if that helps. Will report back in a day or so.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Im going to uninstall vector and reinstall

And see if it continues, its definitely causing problems in the tokyo region form me

Even with a virgin cfg with vector installed im seeing white lines across the screen

looking more into this, its a known problem with the railway bridges with vector

need to disable is 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

I turned down Vector to a minimum and do not see the problem as much, but what I am now seeing are "blue" scenery texture areas. Trouble shooting continues.
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    I turned down Vector to a minimum and do not see the problem as much, but what I am now seeing are "blue" scenery texture areas. Trouble shooting continues.
    ahhh Ive been there and got the hat and t shirt

open your orbx folder in the p3d root folder and then do a search for ".migrated" and delete all those files
    then open ftx central and force a migration

that fixes it for me each time, they say now you dont have delete the .migrated files with the latest version as ftx central apparently does it for you, however it doesnt hurt to double handle things like to ensure 100% coverage and removal of those files

I find each time I add a new global add on you should force a migration to prevent mismatched titles

The answers are all at the FTX support forums.
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks Matt. Off to make more adjustments.
    Jay

Members who have read this thread: 0