huges h1 racer

Thread: huges h1 racer

Question huges h1 racer

I down loaded and installed the lovely looking plane, though when I opened it in flight simulator in stead of being shine and blue it was Black and blue. Anyone know why this is?

Bobr2

Quote Originally Posted by Bobr2 View Post
    I down loaded and installed the lovely looking plane, though when I opened it in flight simulator in stead of being shine and blue it was Black and blue. Anyone know why this is?

Bobr2
    was it the free one -? or did you buy the Aerosoft payware version
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    ...Aerosoft payware version
    Ahh, it reminds me my old video , 7 years ago (so quality isnt very good), when I did record flight of H.Hughes to Newark from California.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

was it the free one -? or did you buy the Aerosoft payware version
    No this was the one that I got from Flysimware the free one.

Bob,

I posted earlier today in another thread that there's an updated version of this a/c on Simviation and FlightSim.com. I suggested you try downloading that one. It's the same Tim Conrad model, with updated panel and flight model. I had no problems with it.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

ok - stay away from anything by Mark Rooks or Michael Pook - always junk
    enter..the Sandman

Bobr2
    if you really want to fly this airplane you should buy the Aerosoft kit. You get the short range clipped wing version and the cross country long ranger.
    http://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/fl...s-h-1b-special

To fly it you only need to remember that it isn't a Cessna - you do not use full throttle on take -off, you reduce throttle and mixture once airborne and pull the prop / RPM control back about a third...watch the manifold pressure and keep all the dials in the green. It flies so beautifully and gleams like a minnow

the startup engine smoke might drag your frame rates into the dirt but when the smoke clears you get great frame rates out of it- almost no impact. I disabled the smoke because it was ridiculous and I can tell you how to do that if you do buy the Aerosoft plane...
    enter..the Sandman

ok - stay away from anything by Mark Rooks or Michael Pook - always junk

I downloaded the H-1 Racer from Simviation (as referenced by Eoraptpr1 above). I installed it in FSX-SE, and it displays correctly and flies well. No apparent problems, and the price is right!

It is Piglet's H-1, updated by Michael Pook. I do not feel that Fs9 models converted by Michael Pook or Mark Rooks are "always junk". They reflect limitations found in FS2004 models updated into FSX. While not "payware quality", they are interesting and free. Not all can afford payware, nor have the latest PC hardware. They are well worth a try, and some began with less quality and features that the FSX SDK provides to software developers.

I generally enjoy Heywooood's posts, but this rather negative and broad brushed opinion by him detracts from the generally positive nature of SimOuthouse postings.

Most likely, Bobr2 has a configuration or hardware related problem which we might help him to resolve. The Hughes H-1 seems to work well for me, and I have a rather dated PC system (purchased in 2009).

Can we help him to get this fixed? I've not a clue, works well for me.
    Last edited by llanning08; August 19th, 2017 at 05:03.

If I could meet my household expenses with my good looks, I'd already have the Aerosoft Racer. I'm very impressed with what I've seen of the model, and I recommend anyone interested in the H-1 download the flight manual .pdf from the Aerosoft site just for its information on this aircraft. Until the Smithsonian gives me the original H-1, I'll use what I can afford, which is the Tim Conrad model. If I don't like a flight model, it doesn't bother me to go into the airfile and aircraft.cfg, which is part of the enjoyment of flight simming for me.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

sure I was blunt - maybe I should have said 'in my experience' or used a different adjective..but the result is the same. In the handful of times where I have installed aircraft by other modelers ported to FSX by Rooks or Pook they have not functioned and were deleted for uselessness. Using the same FS9 model ported to FSX by other hands is usually not a problem. I know - next time I'll simply say to avoid models ported by Rooks/Pook because in my experience they generally do not work. Just as critical but without all the 'junk'.
    As to the dollars - I don't spend money on scenery or aircraft I don't want either...so that when I do want something in my library I can afford it and justify it..more or less - I know all about fixed incomes and limited resources...
    Here's a positive steer - if you want to fly ported FS9 freeware in FSX the best place to find models that WORK as well as possible is right here at SOH in the library.
    enter..the Sandman

sure I was blunt - maybe I should have said 'in my experience' or used a different adjective..but the result is the same. In the handful of times where I have installed aircraft by other modelers ported to FSX by Rooks or Pook they have not functioned and were deleted for uselessness. Using the same FS9 model ported to FSX by other hands is usually not a problem. I know - next time I'll simply say to avoid models ported by Rooks/Pook because in my experience they generally do not work. Just as critical but without all the 'junk'.
    As to the dollars - I don't spend money on scenery or aircraft I don't want either...so that when I do want something in my library I can afford it and justify it..more or less - I know all about fixed incomes and limited resources...
    Here's a positive steer - if you want to fly ported FS9 freeware in FSX the best place to find models that WORK as well as possible is right here at SOH in the library.
    I did download the FS9 Hughes Racer from Sim-Outhouse, but this package doesn't have isn't the ultra-specular skin the OP is talking about. I tell the whole story in my own Hughes Racer thread. In FSX the Outhouse version pulls way to the right on taxi and then way back to the left as you accelerate for takeoff, almost like a rotary-engine WWI a/c. It's much more tractable once you get it into the air. For all I know this is entirely accurate historically. I don't know enough to say with authority. Something I did notice: from a distance, as in a tower fly-by view, the highly polished textures do appear black and blue on my computer, but you have to be a good distance away to notice.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0