Strait of Hormuz - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strait of Hormuz

Got a side question regarding the size of the module downloads. On most of the module's listed requirements, it says required hard drive space between 60 and 120gb per module? If that were the case, my SSD would have been full with just a couple of modules! Currently with the base Caucasus and Nevada map and 14 aircraft modules, I am showing a total of 94gb for my entire DCS folder. So am I safe to proceed with both the F/A-18 and the Persian Gulf Map with a 125gb of space left?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disregard the last. I went ahead and bought the map. With my accrued credits, I actually came out better than I would have on pre--release pricing. FYI to everyone on the map size, it ended up being in the 20gb range (give or take). The map is insanely awesome and is a truly good regional War Map with almost endless scenario possibilities. Visually it is stunning and on my aging system it runs very smoothly at high settings. The Hornet is going to be right at home in this map! I can hardly wait for the week to go by so I can fly her in this map!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

**Update from Wags**

"New additions coming to the map include the SA-2 and Rapier surface-to-air missile system, the HY-2 Silkworm anti-ship cruise missile, the Aldar Headquarters building, the Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, and oil platforms. After that, new airfields (Abu Dhabi International Airport), unique buildings (Abu Dhabi with F1 race track), and weapons (Scud) will be added.

So, while the map size is final, we are and will continue to be add content to this map"

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0