Help With JF Hawk

Thread: Help With JF Hawk

Help With JF Hawk

I haven't flown this one for a while and after finally getting the radio to work and took off. Upon landing though it reminded me why I have not flown it in months the elevators just do not want to know. If I want to do a tight turn I can not as it wont let me and upon approach the nose does not want to got down or up. Is there a way to solve this?.

Hard to say what the cause might be. It almost sounds like some of your hydraulics were not activated.

What procedure are you following for startup? Any lights showing in the warning panel?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Autopilot on ???

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hard to say what the cause might be. It almost sounds like some of your hydraulics were not activated.

What procedure are you following for startup? Any lights showing in the warning panel?
    All hydraulics are working made sure before taking off no lights on the warning panel. Chris im pretty sure I turned it off before landing but I will take it up again to make sure as I did do that once in the Milviz F4.

You need to be careful what your default flight plane is, and what it's settings are. It's very easy to have a plane as your default that has the AP on, but, depending on the type of AP it is, it may not have any thing active. Heading/course hold, altitude hold, etc, may indicate OFF, but when you switch to a different plane, with a different type of AP, just having the AP on may have ALT HOLD on, for example.
    I always start using the default, Default Flight, as it were, that way I don't run into situations like this. May take me a moment longer to get flying, but worth the delay, to avoid a lot of situations, or problems, that can arise.
    Just a thought. I get so very few any more...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Managed to solve the elevator problems as suggested I left AP on foolishly. How ever I am having another issue this time concerning the GPS. This comes as standard wth the JF Hawk and I am having problems with it. I have read over on the JF Forum that this is to do with the generator. I have given it a key command on my joystick but it is not turning on for some reason no matter how many times I push the key command.

I strongly suggest making your default flight/plane the default flight/plane that FSX comes with. The trike over Friday Harbor. It SOUNDS like your default plane, whatever it is, is starting with the generators off, and doesn't have a switch to activate it/them.
    Always make sure you make a back-up of any file you choose to edit, before doing any editing. That way, if the file get totally fubar-ed, you can restore it from the backup and at least you're back to where you started, and can go again.
    A quick, easy way to set the sim's default flight and plane is to open the FSX.cfg file with NotePad, and find the [USERINTERFACE] section. Under that, one of the lines in that section is SITUATION= , followed by whatever flight you've chosen. Simply delete anything following the equals sign (=). Save the file, exit, and start FSX. From the Free Flight menu, now change the plane from the Trike to the one you want. Same for the location; select the airport you desire. Select Fly Now, and once it all get's loaded in, see if the generators are on. They should be. Please note the use of the word SHOULD! Your Generator button assignment on your joystick, presuming it been properly assigned, should function too. You might want to double check it, to be sure it's not assigned to Generator 4 or something, thus not activating Generator 1, or whatever.
    Let us know if that cures the generator situation.

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I strongly suggest making your default flight/plane the default flight/plane that FSX comes with. The trike over Friday Harbor. It SOUNDS like your default plane, whatever it is, is starting with the generators off, and doesn't have a switch to activate it/them.
    Always make sure you make a back-up of any file you choose to edit, before doing any editing. That way, if the file get totally fubar-ed, you can restore it from the backup and at least you're back to where you started, and can go again.
    A quick, easy way to set the sim's default flight and plane is to open the FSX.cfg file with NotePad, and find the [USERINTERFACE] section. Under that, one of the lines in that section is SITUATION= , followed by whatever flight you've chosen. Simply delete anything following the equals sign (=). Save the file, exit, and start FSX. From the Free Flight menu, now change the plane from the Trike to the one you want. Same for the location; select the airport you desire. Select Fly Now, and once it all get's loaded in, see if the generators are on. They should be. Please note the use of the word SHOULD! Your Generator button assignment on your joystick, presuming it been properly assigned, should function too. You might want to double check it, to be sure it's not assigned to Generator 4 or something, thus not activating Generator 1, or whatever.
    Let us know if that cures the generator situation.

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    I got in contact with JustFlight and the problem has been resolved thank you for your help.

Ok
    Glad it's working right, now.
    Have fun in it
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0