Sad news - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sad news

Indeed, my very sincere best wishes to Dave's family and friends on this sad day.
    I hope the funeral goes well and the wake proves to be a time of celebration of Dave's life and brings some comfort to his loved ones.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

As has also been reported over at the CBFSim forums today has been a very emotional day. It was a good send off for DaveB. A cadre of 6 flight simmers attended. I'm immensely proud and very grateful to Ben Watson for the tribute he gave on behalf of all simmers during the ceremony. I was very touched that his family and Ben made mention of the legions of others all around the world who new DaveB and will be forever grateful for his great contribution to our pastime and for being such a gentleman. I freely admit to shedding many tears. Other things which really touched me were the hymn For those in peril on the sea, the White Ensign on Dave's coffin and Rod's Stewart's Sailing playing at the end, all given Dave's Navy service and interest in all things Fly Navy.

For those who here at SOH who were unable to attend I'm attaching the order of service (please click to access larger versions)

Andy Ford

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post this Andy.
    Best wishes to you and clear skies and fair winds and tides to dear old DaveB
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Yes thanks Andy. Like many others I still can't believe he's gone.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It's just not fair, he was only 60. Nowadays that is no age to be taken. He'll be greatly missed.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Hello everyone,
    I too have been absent from the Flight Sim world, due to 'real world' family problems and pressures. I too thought I'd take a quick shufti at the forums..............

I am deeply shocked to hear that Dave has gone!

I think I can honestly say that Dave for so many of us, embodied all that was good about Flight Simming!

I used to pester him something rotten, with requests for tweaks to aircraft skins etc., or if there was something that I didn't understand regarding the complexities of downloading or something, and every time he would come up trumps!
    All of this AND doing his job AND keeping SWMBO(Alison) happy (very important!), not to mention his helpfulness with other members of the Flight Sim community!

I never actually got to meet the man or talk with him over the phone; but, through the medium of the internet and our wonderful forums, I think that I came to know Dave quite well!

We have indeed lost a very special person, hopefully the 'Big Guy' upstairs has a 'full on' Flight Sim set up, for Dave to use; and he certainly won't have to bother about any more Sainsbury's 'late shifts' in the dark and rain, (he hated doing those!)

God Bless You Shipmate!

Of course my sincere condolences to Alison and Helen at this desperately difficult time!

ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

God speed to blue skies, Dave.

Blog Entries
    Clear sky's and stiff winds Dave.. I'm sorry i missed your passing. Perhaps when its my time to join you, we can sit, have a drink and tell stories. Go fly a plane..
    Always.
    Pam

Been gone for awhile. Just read this. Sad to hear. RIP, DaveB.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 1