Sad news - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad news

I didn't know Dave, but I do remember his posts and avatar of him in a cockpit of an airliner that I suspect is a British type. So sorry to learn of his passing. My condolences to his family. May good strong tailwinds speed you along, Dave.
    Mark

The first place I go to is FSX Screenshots, saw Ganters pic, thought what the hell, that can't be right. I even went to CBFS to check. It's a weird thing about the internet that the passing of someone you don't really know can shock and upset as much as it does. My thoughts are with his family. A gentleman.

Nick Bradin
    Norwich, a fine city.

Blue Skies

Blue Skies my friend, you will be missed

I am so saddened by this,I just talked 2 weeks ago to him,I have never met the man in person,but,we use to email each other a lot,DaveB has always Been so helpful,patient,polite,and most of all kind,I truly considered him a friend he helped me out so much with FSX,and his knowledge of the Royal Navy,RAF,and all things English military,I will miss his opinions,and insight,RIP mate,and my condolences goes out to his friends,and family. Pete.Seegert

Devastating news.... Hard to believe... Speechless...

R I P my friend

Very sad news indeed! Dave, you gave great inspiration and you will be missed. I will continue the work to compile a Falkland taskforce, but it would have been so good to be able to share with you.
    RIP
    Henrik Nielsen

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    I still can't believe it.

He introduced me to Merlins so I tasked one this afternoon to overfly HMS Queen Elizabeth that arrived in her home port of Portsmouth yesterday morning. I'm so sorry we didn't get to talk about that. RIP Dave. The virtual skies are much emptier now.

I, like many of you, did not know him personally but always made note of his comments and suggestions on this site. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

On a side note, Ganter, that is absolutely a fantastic tribute to DaveB. I am touched by the gesture offered towards him from you. Kudos my friend.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I used to read Dave's comments with great interest, and, as someone who lived close by, I always promised myself I'd try to meet up some day. Such sad news that he's no longer with us. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Truly sad news. Blue skies my friend.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Very Sad

As with everyone else here I am literally in shock with this news. I only knew him from these forums, but Dave was one of the friendliest, funniest, forthright, and helpful people I had come across. He helped me out personally on several occasions and always with wise words and a joke. I really looked up to him.

I can't describe how saddened I am by this sudden news.

RIP Dave. You will be truly missed.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Really sad news and also so unexpected.......... it leaves me speechless.

My thoughts are with those he leaves behind, family, friends and especially with his friends from the CBFS

Huub

As well as being ex Royal Navy; one time host of 'The Bull Inn' at Streatley, Nr Goring, on the Berkshire/Oxfordshire border UK,
    stalwart of CBFSIM, and all round good bloke, Dave also quietly acted as beta tester on many products; the UK2000 scenery range being just one. Certainly going to be a few developers will miss his critiques' no doubt.

See you Dave, and thanks for all the fishead / crab jokes... ATB

ttfn

Pete

(fishead -- RAF slang for Royal Navy ; crab -- RN slang for RAF )

My sincere condolances to Dave's family and friends. I didn't know Dave but always enjoyed his posts and pics.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

My condolences to Dave's family and close friends. May he now rest in peace.
    Mike M.​

Damn, that is rotten news. Another great member of this community is gone. My condolences to his family and friends. Godspeed Dave.

That is very sad news. I did not know Dave personally, but I had a lot of chats with him over the years both here at the SoH and the CBFS. I appreciated his inputs on my projects very much and he had a lot of knowledge about British military aviation. In particular we had a lot of fun with RN/FAA related FS projects. Thank you for all your help Dave!

We have lost a very valued member of our community.

You will be truly missed.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

If anybody would like to attend the funeral, the details are posted over at CBFSim here:https://cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30125
    We would like to get some idea of the numbers, so if you plan to attend please use the poll set up over there, or if you're not a member there, please post your intention here and we'll count you in.

Cheers.

Very sad new ... I'm without words. Blue skies forever Dave.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Sad news indeed. I always liked and appreciated DaveB's contributions to the community which no doubt will be sorely missed. My sincere condolences to his family and close friends.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sad news. Rest in peace

This is very sad,

I knew Dave only from his posts here at SOH and a very few private messages we exchanged when I had a question.
    He was most helpful and kind to me - it's hard to believe he is gone.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Dave,

Oliver

What very sad news. I can only echo what's already been said above about what a friendly, helpful man he was, always quick to respond to thread, PM or email. The simming world is a lot poorer for his passing.

Ta'ra a bit, Dave. Yow was bostin.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Sad news...
    R.I.P. Dave!!!

Today is the funeral. I still can't really grasp the reality that Dave is no longer here....

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 1