Sad news - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad news

What a blow. I always thought Dave was a very likable fellow and helpful when he could be. Heart felt condolences to his family and friends. RIP DaveB.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Icon9

Much too young to go! RIP Dave.

It makes me sad to hear of another comrade passing on. Condolences to all Dave's family and friends.

I am stunned to read this grave news. Dave and I had a lot in common and I regarded him as a friend even though I only knew him via the internet. We were only four days apart in age, were born and grew up in the same county in England (although at opposite ends) and both of us had a love of motorcycles and aircraft. I will miss him and his dry humour and my thoughts go out to his wife and children. RIP Dave.
    Larry

I didn't know Dave but I always appreciated how, even if he disagreed strongly with someone, he ended with ATB (all the best) - just to show it was a difference of opinion, not a declaration of war. It's an example I wish some of today's quick-fire online haters would follow. RIP Dave B.

I didn't know the man. Just started going back and forth with him on the A-20 thread. He had a sense of humor and a true talent. I didn't want to start my day with this news. May God be with him and his family..

I didn't know Dave, but am saddened to hear another strong holder of the flight simulator community has passed on.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

R.I.P
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Like Manfred I didn't know Dave personally but I've fond memories of his contributions to CBFS. Very sad news indeed.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Blog Entries
    Shocked beyond belief.

Since he was a fellow motorcyclist, my first thought was accident, especially given his comparative young age. That doesn't appear to be the issue, but in no way less tragic. Over the years, Dave and I talked at great length regarding our respective military careers, joked about the vagaries of British versus Japanese versus European motorcycle ownership, and specifically, the one area we both loved - naval-oriented flight sim. His knowledge of naval vessels was legendary, and he helped me in the early days of my figuring out FSX AI ship formations.

He was generous and kind, and recently began to take on some great repaint projects. My deepest condolences to his wife Alison and daughter - a terrible loss, but my memories of his friendship will remain.

dl

Very sad to hear of his passing. A very generous bloke IMO, helped me out on several occasions, taught me a thing or two.. My deepest condolences to his family.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

A big shock, my heartfelt condolences to his family. His naval aviation contributions will be much missed.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

OMG, I'm very shocked of reading this.
    R.I.P., Dave

I was very shocked to hear that, only known him online but felt like we have been friends for many years. It was dave's involvement that turned me to become active on this forum. He will be greatly missed.

Happy Flying Dave!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Thanks for your contributions Dave.

R.I.P.
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Really sad to hear he's passed. I'm not particularly active here but have been interacting with him on other FS boards for many years. Really going to miss him.

RIP
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I still can't believe it.

He introduced me to Merlins so I tasked one this afternoon to overfly HMS Queen Elizabeth that arrived in her home port of Portsmouth yesterday morning. I'm so sorry we didn't get to talk about that. RIP Dave. The virtual skies are much emptier now.

Last edited by Ganter; August 17th, 2017 at 11:23.

Unhappy

Just spent the last half hour going through CBFS and Flying Stations, going to be a lot emptier without him
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

SOH-CM-2023
    Did not know the gentleman personally. It appears Dave was oriented towards naval matters; perhaps from prior military service. If so, let me just wish him "Fair winds and following seas". My condolences to his family.

If you have the North Star, have a flight for Dave, who was the principle beta tester for the project (and a help with the Heron as well). A great shock to hear that he's gone. Speechless.

RIP, Dave, very much enjoyed working with you.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    I still can't believe it.

He introduced me to Merlins so I tasked one this afternoon to overfly HMS Queen Elizabeth that arrived in her home port of Portsmouth yesterday morning. I'm so sorry we didn't get to talk about that. RIP Dave. The virtual skies are much emptier now.

May I add my condolences also.

If I may say so, Sir, I would think Dave himself would have found your tribute entirely to his liking.

Thank you.

best

nio

That's wonderful, Ganter. Dave would love it.

Brian

I am truly shocked - although I only knew him from this forum, he was a nice and kind guy, always helpful. Very very sad news.

R.I.P. Dave
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Stunned really....

Dave was always supportive of my work and conducted himself as a true gentleman on this forum. He will be greatly missed by many. My condolences go out to his family and friends. The best any man can do is to build a legacy. I think Dave accomplished that in a grand manner.

"And it's a fair wind, blowin' warm out of the South over my shoulder....guess I'll set a course and go"
    Last edited by gman5250; August 17th, 2017 at 14:43.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    This is so sudden. I think he was posting up to a couple of days ago. My condolences to his family.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

This is a big shock.

I always enjoyed reading his posts and his contributions here and at CBFS.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Cheers

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 1