BGL question

Thread: BGL question

SOH-CM-2023

BGL question

Hi All,

What bgs controls the default buildings in a given area? I have a scenery that redraws an area's coastline but there are a buildings out in the water now, and Im not sure how to remove them. I have commented out the HL and HP bgs for the area but that had no effect.

Included is a screen shot to show what I am talking about.

Thanks,
    Sean

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs9 2017-08-16 20-58-45-36.jpg  

The bgl with the default, generic buildings is the generic.bgl, which is found in FS9/Scenery/Generic/scenery but if you remove it you'll lose all the generic buildings in the whole world of FS9. (Unless you know a way to modify the bgl by geographic areas, which is totally beyond my ken.)

I think you need to make exclude files for the places you want to clear of those floating buildings.

I'm surprised that the corrected coastline scenery you're using didn't include something so basic and necessary.

Excludes aren't had to make but if you need a number of them it can get pretty tedious pretty quick. They can only be rectangular in shape, and oriented with their sides running exactly north, south, east and west, so you might need several to get rid of the unwanted buildings without including anything you don't want to make disappear.

To make an exclude file you'll need the Bglcomp SDK and the BglXml program that can be found on the big download sites.

Once you have those installed, use the XML file in the attacked zip archive as per the included instructions. (I believe I got those instructions here, but I have no idea who provided them.)

I don't have a link to a current source for the SDKs if you don't have Bllcomp, but I'm sure someone else here can provide one.

Better yet, contact whoever made your corrected coastline scenery and see if they've come up with a fix.

Good luck!

If I remember correctly, FSFlatten also comes with an exclude builder to make things easy. Otherwise, somewhere in my mess of files I may have an XML template for manually coding one for use with BGLComp. You just select which types of objects are excluded (1 or 0) and then use your Shift+Z data to get the boundaries.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi,

Programs I know about that can create FS2004 exclude files:

ADE
    ExcBuilder
    Instant Scenery

If you use Exclude All, you remove autogen buildings too. Otherwise choose Library Objects and Generic Buildings and that should take care of it.

Hope this helps,

Members who have read this thread: 0