Flight 19 Goes Native - French Polynesia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight 19 Goes Native - French Polynesia

Flight 19 Goes Native - French Polynesia

The gentle surf and tradewinds...Tahiti! Heading out soon on a tour of the islands and atolls.

Hey There!

Old Dudley and I are ready! The Harpoon is all gassed up, tuned up, plenty of oil for the big radials. Got the local eating place to have a lot of hot coffee, and numerous peanut butter sandwich's ready to go for tomorrows flight. Hehe up, up, and away.
    Last edited by Moses03; August 17th, 2017 at 15:01.

After a major engineering casualty with the ol' C-46, I've got it back up and flying

I needed those big doors to be able to load up my other ride

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-aug-18-002.jpg   Flt 19-2017-aug-18-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

We got underway today. Bit of a rough start...must have been the radiation!

We made it to Nukutavake Island. Still getting the kinks out with the aging fleet of radial aircraft.

http://wikimapia.org/4161596/Nukutav.../photo/3841201

Howdy everyone!

As usual, I picked up a few problems with the Flight 19, hehe on the 19th and needed to return to NTTX for some Maintenance to some of the electrical system, and you would know it there were no parts available at the maintenance shop. Well, we needed to wait until the supply ship or plane would arrive. Haha, they make it and made the needed repairs so we were able to take off and catch up with Flight 19 at NTGW. (Darn problems with the computer) Bad news no peanut butter sandwich's Available, but we did get some coffee if you want to call it that. Here hoping things start going right for awhile.

Lockheed twins everywhere and one lone Douglas (and a stubborn crosswind on final).

We had a pretty good flight to NTGE although we did apparently lose Taco somewhere's enroute. Hope he made to one of the islands we passed on the way here or he had a raft in that 'Poon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-aug-23-002.jpg  

Hi All,

On last nights flight, as with most of them on this junket, the bloody computer gave up and shut down. Did some thing to this computer and made the flight from NTGW-NTUV-NTGE. And by golly we made it! Now, we will see if when we go on the Multi-Player, and see how things turn out.

Howdy,

Well, we got off OK, but one of the flight had a problem with an ice cream cone! Eventually, he got off and caught up with the rest of the flight. Strange, one hand on the yoke and the other on the ice cream cone did cause some problems. hehe. All in all, a good flight, from NTGE with an overfly of NTGQ and then onto NTGO, and for a change the Harpoon and Dudley and I finally was able to fly the whole flight without any problems where we would have needed to return to NTGE. See you all later.

New ride into Hao Airport...

Hi All,

The flight from NTTO to NTGH was very nice. This was the third flight that we flew where this computer kept working! Still having some problems with the bloody camera sometimes it works and other time NO WAY. Oh well, things could be worst right! Today we will be heading from NTGH to NTKH and onward.

Not sure which island we're on now, but it was a nice flight getting here...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-aug-29-019.jpg  

Hi Folks,

Well, after a rough start on this flight Dudley and I finally got under way, and took off after Flight 19 who had taken off earlier. Willy flew some circles in order for Rob and I to catch up, Moses continue on and hopefully, he will have the hot dogs on the grill and some liquid refreshments cooling in a bucket of ice. Now the bad news, Rob and Moses needed to return to NTGH with some kind of problems. Willy and I continued onto NTKH, but alas, not hot dogs or Liquid refreshments set up for us.
    Word received from our missing fellow that they would make the flight later in the day to HTKH. Great news, now we all can continue onto NTGP and beyond.

Howdy all,

Willy and I had a good flight between NTKH to NTGP, but there was some concern about fuel, if what was in the tanks was enough to make NTGP. Any way we made it! Now a strange thing, no tree at the end of the runways, which has been the first since we started this junket. Both of us landed OK, but they sure were not our best landings, hehe. Hope the rest of flight 19 catches up with us, sure has been some small problems with these old war birds, but a kick in the back side flying them.

See you all later

Great flight. Right after takeoff, I remembered to look at the gas gauge and was surprised to see that i was way down on fuel with no real clear idea on how much I'd need to get to NTGP. So, I told Taco about my fuel situation and that I was speeding up so I could get there before I ran out. It seemed like it made sense at the time.

Despite appearances, there's no truth to the rumor that we're opening a Lockheed dealership here....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-aug-31-013.jpg  

Alas, but no one wants to fly ...

Since I'll be on the road again, I decided to forge ahead -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_21-25-27.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Another atoll, more crushed coral. This time to NTKH Fakahina.

http://www.cambodia-entertainment.co...kahina.001.jpg

Pushed the DC-3 a little this segment.

Hey here we are again,

Talk about a nice flight this was one of them. We all took off from NTGH to NTKH and we had a nice little tail wind which is a big change from what we normally have. NTKH has a coral runway and mucho trees around it, but we all made it down OK, but with a little more wear on the landing gears tires from the coral. It was sure nice having most of Flight 19 in the air again, as we all flew in kind of a lose formation.

Into remote Pukapuka.

Decided that I wasn't making any money flying the Ventura and those R-2800s sure are thirsty.

Milton's FSX Native Beech 18 Cargo with full specs and bump maps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-9-001.jpg  

Hi folks,

Well, it seen where Willy finally the guy at the local swap shop to see it his way concerning swapping the Ventura for the Beechcraft. Heck anyway, it was a good flight from NTKH to NTGP, and now we will be heading for NTGB. According to the local maps NTGB has a NDB of 339, for a change we shouldn't get lost as usual by using the NDB, but heck, who knows. hehe. The runway is around 3900 feet, and in some cases we need, or I need every inch of the runway in order to get stopped! Next big item, sure hope they have fuel available, these big engine do get thirsty.

We pulled in to Fangatau Island today, population 145.

https://cdn-css.tahitiheritage.pf/wp...age-mermoz.jpg

The DC-3 developed brake trouble and the nearest Autozone was a couple of atolls away so I rented a Beech twin for the time being.

A great flight and the other Beech is looking to be a keeper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-10-005.jpg  

Hello,

Well, the picture shows you that Dudley and I are ready to go! Oops, forgot to start the engines. Hey, there is no Auto Zone store here or any other, so, Moses went to the swap shop and made a quick deal on a twin engine Beechcraft in order to make this flight, the DC-3 is having some brake problems. Hehe, kind of hard to stop on these short runways without any brakes. Now me, sure had a heck of a time landing at NTGB came in some what high and way over the speed I should have been using, hehe the landing gears sure got a work out, and Dudley and I got a work out also, boy, is my back sure sore. LOL. so this is so life goes with Flight 19.

Members who have read this thread: 0