Flight 19 Goes Native - French Polynesia - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight 19 Goes Native - French Polynesia

Another pic from last night's flight. I flew through a tree top on short final. I think I've got all the sticks and leaves picked out of the important bits on the Beech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-10-006.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hey there!

The flight from NTGB to NTGN was a shorter flight than we normally fly, but it was enjoyable one. Now, my landings sure have gone to pot in the last landings, hitting the runway hard and bouncing up and down for awhile sure isn't my normal landing type. Now again, I have two flat tires checked with the local swap shop where the sign say "you pull", any way after a short discussion, we made a deal for some tires, and now the war chest is almost empty need to find some cash bidness!

After all the ups and downs bartering for these bloody tires, hehe the don't things won't work. So here we are, we got a holed of some one who had the correct tires, but they won't be here until late a night. In the morning after the tires get here they will be installed and flight 19 can get on it's way on Wednesday.

We had a nice flight to NTKM last night.

I pushing the Beech hard to keep up with that Harpoon, but it just kept the fun levels up.

Mention was made of my running the engines too hard, but no worries. I keep a spare in the back.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-14-002.jpg   Flt 19-2017-sep-14-003.jpg  

Hello there,

We all took a day off in order to give our aircraft some TLC. Yesterday we took off for NTKT and to over fly NTGM, As we over flew NTGM at a very low level, noticed that they had a very nice looking airport. Now this here airport NTKT was hidden in the middle of a bunch of cocoanut trees, and them bloody things were very tall, a good chance to be landing in the tree tops. I finally spotted the bloody runway, but was coming to high, kept telling myself that was because of the tree, well anyway, I landed very long on the runway, but we stopped before the end. plenty of room, hehe. Now, we are off to NTGA. So talk to you later.

Weelllll, there was this Navy PV-1 pilot who flew in from NAS Argentia NF and he couldn't play cards worth a darn and I ended up with a Atlantic ASW camo Ventura in the South Pacific and he's got a long walk/swim home.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-17-030.jpg  

We had a nice all Lockheed low level flight tonight. A pair of Venturas and a 'Poon.

Someone said that it looks like a Lockheed dealership there!

And all I'll say about my landing is I did miss the tree, for all the good that did a few seconds later. Fortunately, I think it'll all buff out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-17-031.jpg   Flt 19-2017-sep-17-032.jpg  

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Well after a hearty NTGA lunch I decided it was time to put my feet up and grab a bit of sunshine and a siesta before the afternoon flight from NTSU arrived and the usual afternoon storms hit. Don't know how long I had been snoozing when the air was shattered by the sound of what appeared to be several twin radial aircraft buzzing the field. One by one they came in for a "landing" for want of a better description and they taxied up to the hangar area.

After a while one guy left the group and headed towards where I was seated. His walking gait indicated that he was ex Navy but from which country I did not know. As he got closer I noticed that he wore a wide brimmed hat but the most amazing thing was the bird he had sitting on his shoulder. Shades of Long John Silver.

He introduced himself as Willy and asked if he knew anyone who needed cargo shipped to another island or destination 'no questions asked' he said with a wink. Told him that there was a fellow named Achmed who had a hangar with some suspicious goods and was always looking for means to get it to other places. The look on his face indicated that he had suddenly lost interest.

Wished him good luck and headed back to my office to do a bit more work and get read for the afternoon flight.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hello again,

Well, old Achmed has shown his face again, He will never forgive Willy and Flight 19 from a little bidness we had with him a few years ago. Needless to say, I don't think we will be doing any bidness with our old buddy Achmed. Anyway, we left NTKT, Katiu, heading to NTKF, in order to do a little screwing around, hehe we buzzed the airport, needless to say I don't think we would welcome there if we ever decided to come back, we continued onto Anaa NTGA, where we will spend the day doing a little TLC to us and the aircraft. From here we will be heading to NTKR, Takaroa.

Drat, the Shore Patrol claimed the ASW camo PV-1 as evidence. Looking at a beat up PV-3 that's had a few field modifications done to it. It's so ugly, they put it in the bargain bin corner at the Swap N Shop. Ugly's good. Just so long as it's cheap.

I thought about washing the dirt and grime off of it, but that may just be what's holding it together......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-18-002.jpg  

Ventura Highway indeed...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-19-001.jpg   Flt 19-2017-sep-19-004.jpg  

Hi all,

A nice flight to Takaroa (NTKR). Most of the flight I almost kept the controls "Balls to the wall" trying to keep up with those two hot rods pilots in those Venturas. Hehe, finally caught up with them after landing! OT: FSX people sure must love lots of trees every island we flew was so full of trees at times it was hard to find the bloody runways. What the heck, what can you expect from people from the Northwest where there are a lot of trees. lol.
    Picture: preparing for takeoff to NTKR.

Hey there!

Willy and I left NTKR, Takaroa, heading to NTTG, Rangivoa, in mid afternoon. The flight was uneventful with the exception that Moses was having some major problems with the Ventura remained at Takaroa until the problems were corrected, and said passed on to us to go ahead and he would catch up, but he hadn't caught with us before we landed at Rangivoa. Sure hope he gets the problem corrected and catches up with us before we head out for NTTP. Darn, no pictures this dumb person forgot to load the bloody camera! hehe. Catch you all later.

Great flight to NTTP although it was a bit long.

Spy shot of the 'Poon enroute

According to Moses, we passed Kong Island. Not a recommended vacation spot for the family, unless you just don't like 'em...

And it seems Speedbird is tagging along in some kind of souped up DC-4

I think from here, we're going back to Kong Island....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-22-002.jpg   Flt 19-2017-sep-22-005.jpg   Flt 19-2017-sep-22-006.jpg  

Howdy all,

Well, I did it again, no camera! forgot about loading the darn film,. But Willy did a great job in filming the flight, so I don't really feet that bad. hehe. Here again, we left Rangiroa HTTG and flew onto Maupiti NTTP. We picked up another flyer, Rob showed up flying a four engine Douglas, me think. It sure was something that we didn't blow up an engine flying the 278 miles balls to the wall, but we all made it. Now we will be heading for Tahiti NTAA leaving from Maupiti NTTP. but first we need to add mucho amounts of oil to those hard working engines. Of course check all the spark plugs, and mags and hopping all are OK. Enough of the bull, see you all tomorrow.

All re-engined up. Found a DC-6 parked behind a hanger. I did leave him one on each side.

And while I was at it, I touched up the paint a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-22-001.jpg  

On the Ventura Highway again, this time to Kong Island. Our route must have been along a shipping lane.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ventura.jpg   1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Think I saw a different batch of ships

MSC Sinfonia

Some container ship

And BOAC and Mohawk at the airport terminal

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-23-001.jpg   Flt 19-2017-sep-23-002.jpg   Flt 19-2017-sep-23-003.jpg  

Long flight to NTAR and flew over a frigate on the way out of NTAA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2017-sep-24-002.jpg  

We made it to the last stop last night. HQ had a message for us there to make haste to Venice Italy. Something about Marco Polo and China. And to bring something kind of slow.

Members who have read this thread: 0