OIMD RV-10 // i9 EMB-202

Thread: OIMD RV-10 // i9 EMB-202

OIMD RV-10 // i9 EMB-202

Just found these by chance: A FS9/FSX Embraer 202 (crop duster) by i9 Development and a FS9/FSX Vans RV-10 by OIMD Development.

The download website is in Portugese, so a detour around Google translate might be required:
    http://i9simulation.blogspot.de/sear...&max-results=6

There are several repaints for that crop duster on AvSim and a couple different ones on FlightSim.

Password is FS9RV-10oimd for the FS9 version.

I downloaded and installed the RV-10 (in FSX). Haven't had time to check the performance accuracy yet but it seems reasonable at first flight.

Glass cockpit needs a bit of learning (seems cobbled together from a variety of sources) and -again in FSX- a couple of pieces may need replacement to be fully functional. If I get some time I'll have a quick look at the FS9 version later.

A bit rudimentary, but a pretty decent freeware model of a nice GA type.

Also worth a look if you enjoy flying more than 20 miles from home are some of the scenery add-ons for smaller Brazilian airports - including a couple that aren't in the default database. Some are freeware, some payware, but for the price, may turn out to be reasonable (~$5 US). At a quick glance the packages seem to be aimed at FTX Global/Vector users.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Pray and spray

Thanks for the HU on this bird. Downloaded a green skinned version that has analogue instruments and works OK in FS9, apart from being unable to get some of the animations to work.

Finally hunted down a yellow and a red skinned a/c which had some 2048x2048 textures. Converted these on DXTBmp. Bit of a hassle as I automatically flipped them when converting and re-sizing - and they did not need flipping. Never come across that before.

Nice flight model and a decent model from that time (almost a decade ago). I particularly liked the effort put in to the spray effects. Each spray nozzle appears to have its own entry. The overall effect is the best crop or duster effect I have seen in FS9.

Took the pilot's view-point in the VC down and swapped out the GPS for the FS9 stock gauge and put in some more nav instruments and from Pierre Fasseaux's excellent range of offerings to the community.

Mal

Thanks for the pointer to these neat birds. I love the lesser known, sometimes one and only, models. Both work well in FS9 for me.

Thanks again.
    Norm

Members who have read this thread: 2