How to fix missing pilots/crew?

Thread: How to fix missing pilots/crew?

How to fix missing pilots/crew?

Guys,
    My MAAM TBF conversion plane had missing it's pilot, what should i do to add this missing pilots/crew ? i check the mdl with hex editor there's pilot texture pointed which named Pilot1.bmp and it's in this plane texture folder but seems there's no model inside the plane, is this conversion failed? or i missing something?
    Thanks

Maybe the crew texture has a alpha channel that makes the crew invisible?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    Guys,
    My MAAM TBF conversion plane had missing it's pilot, what should i do to add this missing pilots/crew ? i check the mdl with hex editor there's pilot texture pointed which named Pilot1.bmp and it's in this plane texture folder but seems there's no model inside the plane, is this conversion failed? or i missing something?
    Thanks
    I'm having the same issue with Milton's A-20. The pilot figures are xml coded. To a gauge possibly?

Still experimenting.
    DAve

The TBF/TBM crew are coded to load with startup and unload at shutdown. They are lost in conversion, unless one is willing to put the model through an extensive scasm surgery for major modifications. Nevertheless, you can compensate by adding the crew via the dp. I used Wolfi's pilot and gunner for the fix.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    The TBF/TBM crew are coded to load with startup and unload at shutdown. They are lost in conversion, unless one is willing to put the model through an extensive scasm surgery for major modifications. Nevertheless, you can compensate by adding the crew via the dp. I used Wolfi's pilot and gunner for the fix.
    Hi BC,

Can you tell me where these are?

Thanks,
    Dave

Thanks bearcat..i just compare the original mdl and the cfs2 conversion through hex editor and just like you said there's missing inside mdl after the conversion

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hi BC, Can you tell me where these are?
    Here ya go...as useful as it is, i'm surprised that this package isn't in the SOH library along with his Japanese pilot. Hope you can pardon me for uploading here Wolfi.
    Attached Files Attached Files

it's working now..Thanks bearcat ! im very satisfied!

😎

Got it. Thanks making these available! Appreciate it. :- )

Icon15

Had some success on Milton's A-20G with the pilot. You're right BC, this one will be a long rocky road in scasm.
    If I could just get the nose and chin barrels to show I'd be happy.

Dave
    Last edited by dvslats; August 14th, 2017 at 04:29.

You may remember i ran the same gauntlet when i did the SF8 Sabre with its missing XML pilot. It can be done, with mucho patience...

You may remember i ran the same gauntlet when i did the SF8 Sabre with its missing XML pilot. It can be done, with mucho patience...
    Yes, patience. The SF8 Sabre was well worth it. I'm thinking this one is also.

Yes, very nice ac, and texs.

The stupid thing about it is that they did not model the rest of the crew in, so no gunner or obs!! I can only imagine that it was a compilation issue that the other crew were a poly(s) too far, there is no other reason for it, and that spoils the package for me. I would much rather have a less detailed complete crew than just a very detailed pilot.

I'm going to have a play to see what can be done, the other problem is that this is payware so nothing can be uploaded.

Cheers

Shessi

Mark, with your modeling and re-engineering skills, maybe you could cobble together some appropriately uniformed crew members - you know, bomber crew gear and all - for situations such as this A-20 that can be added via the dp.

Mark, with your modeling and re-engineering skills, maybe you could cobble together some appropriately uniformed crew members - you know, bomber crew gear and all - for situations such as this A-20 that can be added via the dp.
    Now there's a thought...

PS; schedule permitting of course.

Members who have read this thread: 0